ATT users excited for the new Android lineup?

Which smartphone path will you take in AT&T's roadmap

• Samsung Infuse 4G

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Motorola Atrix 4G

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • HTC Inspire 4G

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Keep my iPhone / Upgrade to next iPhone

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Opt out of AT&T as soon as I can

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters

FerraraZ

Gawd
In case some of you missed it AT&T unveiled some good news IMHO today disclosing their 4G plans as well as more phones to add to their lineup. They'll be the only carrier to have EVERY mobile OS on their side (WinMo not on Verizon yet).

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/atandt-launching-12-android-devices-in-2011/

http://gizmodo.com/5725053/samsungs-sgh+i997-uh-why-wasnt-this-awesome-phone-the-new-nexus

I like that they are upgrading their 3G to HSPA+ even if its menial any little bit helps while LTE is being deployed. We still dont know how much LTE phones will cost nor are many of us in LTE areas so I like the fact that they are atleast upgrading their 3G. It really just depends on if they can totally convert 3G to HSPA+.

Anyway I thought I'd make a poll to see what many AT&T customers are thinking after these announcements.

The (m)atrix looks tasty, dual core, 1gb ram and a bigass battery. Kudo's to htc for re-milking the hd2/evo yet again.

I think I'll be going with the Atrix, nice battery, nice screen. Its almost like a ATT version of the Droid X. Just updated

I've been holding out for a looong time on the smart phone scene. Looks like the Atrix will do me in! :D Now we need a release date!

Seeing as I'm not due for an upgrade until July 2012 I'll just stick with my Captivate. Only one of the new phones that really seems cool is the Atrix, the Inspire looks just like an EVO and the Infuse is basically my phone but a few more feature and a little too big for my liking (4.0" is perfect IMO).

They've got the hardware, now the software needs to catch up. FFS google, let's get gpu ui acceleration and a consistent ui that flows like ios, webos, or even the new BB tablet os. Even in the new honeycomb tablet video I still see lag in some of the transitions. If the iphone can do it with an 800mhz cpu, I don't see why it can't be done with dual 1ghz arm9 cpus with 1GB of ram.

On a side note, the UI on the BB tablet looks amazing. I see they took a lot of hints for webos, which is fine because webos kicks ass. It just needs a decent library of apps and maybe a 10" model and I see it taking off.

we just got 3G in Alaska less than 2 yrs ago.

I'm pretty sure 4G won't be up here soon enough to warrant an upgrade. Plus, I don't use my phone much for data, so the extra speed is pointless for me.

I'd like to know when these phones are coming out because I think I read somewhere that the MOTO Atrix isnt coming until end of 2011! I mean we'll have a new iphone and I'm sure other phones that will already make that phone seem like the "norm"

I'd like to know when these phones are coming out because I think I read somewhere that the MOTO Atrix isnt coming until end of 2011! I mean we'll have a new iphone and I'm sure other phones that will already make that phone seem like the "norm"

Thats impossible, announcing a phone at the beginning of 2011 and releasing it at the end, by then that tegra2 soc will be outdated with new 28nm soc's from ti/qualcomm.

I voted "Other"

Keeping my Focus for now. Hopefully WP7 stays the course.

If not, that Samsung Infuze looks fucking epic:eek:

I saw a video of the Atrix doing its docking shenanigans. That is a pretty damn impressive setup they have there. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference between that and some normal desktops running linux.

I have an iPhone 4 now and haven't yet been satisfied with any of the Android offerings. The Atrix may be the phone I end up switching from my iPhone for. I like Android, I just want a phone with a pixel density similar to the iPhone 4, and has a camera that takes pictures as good as the iPhone. The pixel density seems to be there with the Atrix, I'm just hoping the camera will be as good.

wow.. that (M)Atrix looks like gonna be my new phone this year :)... Did they mention the resolution for the Atrix?

I love the hardware of the new phones, and of course AT&T finally moving towards LTE but I'm not a big fan of Android.
So I'll just sit and wait for my upgrade eligibility next year while I enjoy my WP7 Samsung Focus.

I love my EVO. But I still like my iPhone a whole lot.

The only problem i've with my evo is to turn it on you must press the power button while on iphone (only used ipod but both are same) you can click on home button and it'll turn on.

wish it'd came with query keyboard.

so would that laptop addition add usb ports for extra storage and gamepads?

Shame that ATT announced a really nice line-up of phones but then have the worst data plans of the 4 big U.S carriers. :(

Is ATT going to be charging an extra $10 a month like Sprint if you want a 4G phone?

I'm gonna get the Atrix as soon as I can. I've been waiting a long time for AT&T to finaly get good Android handsets So I can get rid of this POS iphone 3GS. It's the last crapple product I'll ever buy, I just hope I can find some sucker to give me $300 for it. I hear people pay alot of money for used Apple junk.

The Motorola Atrix is the first phone to be a genuine evolution since the HD2 over a year ago (or further back, the Toshiba TG01).

What do you think the battery life will be like? I haven't looked into it, but it looks like a snazzy phone.

The Atrix 4G is an impressive piece of hardware. The dual core cpu, higher res, 1gb RAM and ability to connect to a monitor with a mouse and keyboard. Too bad it won't offer 1080p video recording like the LG Optimus 2x.

The HTC Inspire 4G and Samsung Infuse 4G has larger screens but, single core cpu and lower screen resolution. On top of that, no HDMI out also. Why bother with these?

Last edited:
Back