ATT to have Lumia 920 exclusively

Heh, I just discovered Nokia application called Photobeamer.
Check photobeamer.com

It makes demonstrating pictures from the phone to anyone PCs a dream task :) I tried it with my 55 inch TV hooked to the HTPC and wow, cool :)

What are the required connections? WiFi? NFC? Bluetooth 3.0?

Anyway this is an amazing function, I'm impressed.

Not sure exactly why, but my phone tends to display 4G or LTE randomly. Anyone else have a 920 that does this?

Not sure exactly why, but my phone tends to display 4G or LTE randomly. Anyone else have a 920 that does this?

4G and LTE are different connection speeds. 4G is pretty slow but if you are on LTE, you'll get a pretty fast internet connection. The reason why you see it display 4G or LTE randomly is because not everywhere is LTE supported, so you'll see 4G in those places.

I wouldn't call 4G slow, it can actually be quite a bit faster than 3G. But yes it's not LTE.

No 4G is the name for a particular speed, LTE in most places IS 4G, and in other places 4G is not LTE but often HSPA+, in either case real world speeds can be higher or lower. Its like saying a chicken is not a bird because we call sparrows bird. Of course all of this is because companies are always trying to fool you then the average consumer just gets confused and the ultimate outcome is no one gives a shit because no one understands anything. In fact I believe technically none of the current networks are 4G by its original definition but they companies of course forced the standards body to change the definition so they could sell you new phones. Sort of like how alot of cars arent actually much more efficient they just keep changing the way they estimate fuel economy.

No 4G is the name for a particular speed, LTE in most places IS 4G, and in other places 4G is not LTE but often HSPA+, in either case real world speeds can be higher or lower. Its like saying a chicken is not a bird because we call sparrows bird. Of course all of this is because companies are always trying to fool you then the average consumer just gets confused and the ultimate outcome is no one gives a shit because no one understands anything. In fact I believe technically none of the current networks are 4G by its original definition but they companies of course forced the standards body to change the definition so they could sell you new phones. Sort of like how alot of cars arent actually much more efficient they just keep changing the way they estimate fuel economy.

I was talking specifically in regards to AT&T, his carrier.

I just got my Lumia 920 a week ago. Hands down the best phone I have ever used. This thing is freaking amazing. Now I just need to find some games that I like and they really need some of the basic apps like fitness pal, nike+ and so on. What are your favorites?

Back