ATT to have Lumia 920 exclusively

ugh I want one....on tombile..

damn you ATT and your crap exclusivity.

I was thinking the same when I first heard about it.. I don't even think it'll be worth it on T-Mobile because 4G might not be available

Seriously, the people having trouble holding a 920 need to buy a dumbphone and put the money saved towards a YMCA membership. Hell I'm getting a 920 for my wife tomorrow, and I doubt I'll hear her complain at all about the weight.

I was thinking the same when I first heard about it.. I don't even think it'll be worth it on T-Mobile because 4G might not be available

When the exclusivity ends with ATT then we should have access to the global unit that works on the tombile 4g.

6 months away the phone may not be worth the unlocked price.

The rumor is the gobal version works on the tombiel 4g but not the tombile LTE? I dont know enough about the chipsets to know for sure.

When the exclusivity ends with ATT then we should have access to the global unit that works on the tombile 4g.

6 months away the phone may not be worth the unlocked price.

The rumor is the gobal version works on the tombiel 4g but not the tombile LTE? I dont know enough about the chipsets to know for sure.

The AT&T model supports both the 4G HSPA+ and 4G LTE frequencies of T-Mobile. However, the HSPA+ is 1900mhz, which is the frequency that T-Mobile is moving to. So it will work in some areas but not all for now, but those areas are quickly expanding. By mid-2013, T-Mobile will be done with the refarm and the AT&T Lumia 920 will work in all TMO HSPA+ areas.

The global model supports the same GSM/UMTS frequencies as the AT&T model (quad-band on each). So it will work with the same limitations.

If you like everything else better, 50 grams is not going to be a problem. Pretty much every smart phone now days is plenty light enough for anything you do. Its not like you are going to get tired holding it. And as others said all the weight is meaning less if you add a case.

The AT&T model supports both the 4G HSPA+ and 4G LTE frequencies of T-Mobile. However, the HSPA+ is 1900mhz, which is the frequency that T-Mobile is moving to. So it will work in some areas but not all for now, but those areas are quickly expanding. By mid-2013, T-Mobile will be done with the refarm and the AT&T Lumia 920 will work in all TMO HSPA+ areas.

The global model supports the same GSM/UMTS frequencies as the AT&T model (quad-band on each). So it will work with the same limitations.

I still hold out hope on the global one because Nokia changes the damn specs once a week. They do not even know what chipset is in it!

The one they sell in Finland supports the following (and as far as I know that's the "global" version):

GSM 850
GSM 900
GSM 1800
GSM 1900
WCDMA, band V, (850)
WCDMA, band VIII, (900)
WCDMA, band II, (1900)
WCDMA, band I (2100)
LTE 800
LTE 900
LTE 1800
LTE 2100
LTE 2600

The one they sell in Finland supports the following (and as far as I know that's the "global" version):

GSM 850
GSM 900
GSM 1800
GSM 1900
WCDMA, band V, (850)
WCDMA, band VIII, (900)
WCDMA, band II, (1900)
WCDMA, band I (2100)
LTE 800
LTE 900
LTE 1800
LTE 2100
LTE 2600

Same GSM/WCDMA bands as the US/Canadian version, different LTE bands.

Figures... Apparently my carrier has enabled DC-HSPA so that explains the ~20 Mbps speeds. The carrier that own the carrier I pay my bills has LTE network here but they have not yet allowed it to use it yet. This will do for now.

Got my free wireless charge pad today. Works pretty well.

Just got mine, I get really sick 3G HSPA+ speeds, not bad for 10 €/month unlimited data. This phone almost quadrupled the speed compared to Galaxy S.
2328475311.png

This spanks my ADSL2+. -_-

Is that with the phone tethered to a laptop or did you find a speedtest.net app for WP???

There are a few problems with the lumia 920 as other new phones the battery life is horrible and they don't even allow you have ease of access to the battery to have multiple battery to use. Sadly I sen't back my 920 because of that one reason and as many newer smart phones I know now not to buy them if they don't have ease of access for battery replacement. Guess if you don't care and like to get a new phone every 12 months then this won't be a issue but for me it just pisses me off for them to expect me to buy a new phone everytime on a 500 duty cycle recharge to buy a new dam phone from someone.

There are a few problems with the lumia 920 as other new phones the battery life is horrible and they don't even allow you have ease of access to the battery to have multiple battery to use. Sadly I sen't back my 920 because of that one reason and as many newer smart phones I know now not to buy them if they don't have ease of access for battery replacement. Guess if you don't care and like to get a new phone every 12 months then this won't be a issue but for me it just pisses me off for them to expect me to buy a new phone everytime on a 500 duty cycle recharge to buy a new dam phone from someone.

People also expect incredibly thin and light phones that don't break. You can't have that without giving up things.

So wait, you bought a phone with a non-removeable battery, then complained that you can't change the battery? OK then...

As for me, I'm thinking about getting rid of this phone. I loved WP8 at first, but this will be my 3rd 920 in a month. I might just go back to a GS3 at this point.

So wait, you bought a phone with a non-removeable battery, then complained that you can't change the battery? OK then...

As for me, I'm thinking about getting rid of this phone. I loved WP8 at first, but this will be my 3rd 920 in a month. I might just go back to a GS3 at this point.

What issues are you having?

My friends on AT&T has the Nokia Lumia 920 and on Verizon HTC 8X. And I have to say that the Verizon folks are having way less issues with their phone. I don't know if it's the carrier's cloud of reliability (on Verizon's side) making their phones feel better. Or that there's is just more Lumia 920's out there to complain about.

Thats sad. I still want a 920, but have so many other things I need to buy... Really would like to find a 920 for cheap so I can try out W8 as a daily driver.

I'm seeing little operational/navigation oddities from time to time, but I love the Nokia maps. I'm tossing around the idea of picking up a Nexus 4, and swapping my sim in to test out the phone. If I go for the N4, I'll get another line with AT&T and put my wife on the Lumia.

My friends on AT&T has the Nokia Lumia 920 and on Verizon HTC 8X. And I have to say that the Verizon folks are having way less issues with their phone. I don't know if it's the carrier's cloud of reliability (on Verizon's side) making their phones feel better. Or that there's is just more Lumia 920's out there to complain about.

I honestly think there are WAY more 920's out in the wild, especially since they launched first by about a month. There have been issues with the 8X, some have complained about bluetooth issues where the phone reboots itself. However an update just went out for the 8x a few days ago, hitting europe first and coming to the US after, and supposedly it addressed the major issues. I don't have one so I can't give any personal experience.

I had to ditch my 920 due to bluetooth issues with my headset and the car, just totally unstable. Would lock the phone up and do other strange things.. get stuck on privacy mode, the phone just wouldn't connect to the SYNC system.. when it worked it was great, but I don't like beta testing...

that and IE10 wasn't working with my work's home brew mobile monitoring system.. sigh. It was a nice device though... fun for a while.

I'm still loving the 920. No issues whatsoever. My fiance's 820 has been fantastic as well.

I spoke to soon. It seems I was punished for my last post. My 920 has no display now. I've hard and soft reset as well as reloading the firmware. No display at all. Does anyone know the fastest way to get a replacement 920? ATT said it will take 5-7 days to process the order and 3-5 days to ship....

I have the phone in yellow which no store apparently carries...

Just got mine, I get really sick 3G HSPA+ speeds, not bad for 10 €/month unlimited data. This phone almost quadrupled the speed compared to Galaxy S.
2328475311.png

This spanks my ADSL2+. -_-
Wow, LTE speeds in your area are fantastic...

4G LTE only nets ~7 mbps where I'm at (California), not really that great.

Loving the new update. I've been waiting for the WiFi thing for years.

What issues are you having?

Sorry, missed this question... First replacement was due to rebooting, which wasn't a major deal especially now that the software update fixes that. Second replacement was because I was using it last week at the DMV, and it showed a 90% charge. All of a sudden, the screen started flickering and rapidly fading in & out, shifting from black to light grey and back again. Then about 10 seconds later, the battery is at 5% giving a critically low warning! I rebooted, went back to 90%, and repeated the issue 5 minutes later. AT&T replaced it with no issue but at 3 phones in a month, and being so entrenched into Google services I figured I'd make the switch back.

Sad part is, I'm REALLY going to miss this phone. The feel, the screen (when working), the camera... I really wish I could afford to keep a second device around right now, but I'll definitely pick up another 920 down the road.

Wow, LTE speeds in your area are fantastic...

4G LTE only nets ~7 mbps where I'm at (California), not really that great.

Actually that is just 3G DC speeds (fastest that I've seen is a bit over 20 Mbit for download).

Last edited:
I've been on T-Mobile for the last 10 years and have generally been happy with their service, both voice and data wise. However, I really hate how T-Mobile never gets any flagship phones, with the exception of Samsung (S3/Galaxy Note 2). Really love the 920 and will probably pick one up when an unlock is available. I refuse to switch over to ATT and the amounts they charge.

I might have missed something, but it appears this phone cannot be charged in a powered off state. It just boots back up whenever I plug it in. How annoying!

Yep. I never shut my phones off, so it doesn't affect me much, but it seems to be a common complaint.

I might have missed something, but it appears this phone cannot be charged in a powered off state. It just boots back up whenever I plug it in. How annoying!

Like the iPhone does?

How about plugging it in before you shut it down. That usually works.

Back