ATSC Tuner

Ur_Mom

Fully [H]
I am looking for a TV tuner to get OTA digital signal for my HTPC. I would like as cheap as possible. It's just to bring in the signal, nothing special. It's going to go into either XBMC or WMC. I don't need any special features, a remote or any of that. Just a simple card for ~10 channels at most. Interface of either a PCI or PCI-E. If there is a cheap AIO card that can do this, too, I'd be interested.

Any suggestions? I've seen quite a bit for certain cable companies (Comcast, etc.), but not many for just plain OTA antenna.

Get a used HDHomerun DUAL off amazon/ebay for around $50. It's what I use with WMC for OTA channels.

Get a used HDHomerun DUAL off amazon/ebay for around $50. It's what I use with WMC for OTA channels.

Looks like it's via network, correct? Would that allow streaming to all PC's? Definitely looking into this one more. :D

NM: Found the site that gave all the specs. Definitely fits the bill, even better than what I was looking for! Thanks for the recommendation.

FYI XBMC doesn't have TV recording or Live TV out of the box.

Plugins, maybe?

Right now, I use WMC. I've used XBMC in the past (on an Xbox and the PC) and like the interface and themes. But, I could use WMC with it, instead.

Just tossing my 2 cents in for the HDHomeRun. Probably my best and most stable of all HTPC related purchases. This thing is flawless for OTA and runs perfectly all the time. Not a single issue after 5 years. Just be sure to keep the firmware updated.

Also, Instead of XBMC, check out the Mediabrowser addon for WMC. You'll need to invest some time in tweaking it to truly release its full potential, but once you do, you'll have a sweet interface to show off to your buds.

Also, Instead of XBMC, check out the Mediabrowser addon for WMC. You'll need to invest some time in tweaking it to truly release its full potential, but once you do, you'll have a sweet interface to show off to your buds.

Started looking into that. I tried it once before a while back and it was pretty cumbersome and I gave up. It does have a lot of potential. But, now I have a dedicated HTPC, so I am putting more time into getting it up and running. Plus, a dedicated server.

After looking into the HDHomeRun, I'm going for it. It looks like it will do the job I want and then some for about the same price or lower than a dedicated PCI card.

Thanks!

I use WMC with media browser and media center master to fetch metadata. Works great. I will also 2nd the hdhomerun as being flawless.

Back