Atom 330 Ion 4gb installed 3gb usable?

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
I know there is shared ram in this system. I have 4gb of Mushkin Ram installed I can see it on the post screen it looks like it says 3gb usable and 4gb installed? The OS says 4gb installed and 3gb usable. It is windws 7 64bit. Any ideas? I know the video shares ram but I didn't think it took a whole gig. I set the video buffer to 512.

This is a common issue I have found with other ppl running an Atom ION setup. I was more curious about what all is using that 1gig of ram. Hanging around for 40 min huh?

Wow 24 days and almost 700 posts.. you will post non-sense anywhere to get your post count up?

This is a common issue I have found with other ppl running an Atom ION setup. I was more curious about what all is using that 1gig of ram. Hanging around for 40 min huh?

Wow 24 days and almost 700 posts.. you will post non-sense anywhere to get your post count up?

Nah, I got in a stupid flame war with Atech.

Ach...

http://www.zotacusa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1467
post 9 should help clear things up.

Bad memory readdressing, (nVidia chipset fault), that doesn't allow you to see anything past 4GB, and since the system takes up about 512 for the (PCI/PCIe bus, a SATA controller, and general BIOS stuff), and the 512 is just not remapped by the system to the 4GB+ range. (an issue like this plauged earlier Intel chipsets, during the 32bit era), so you cannot use that last amount.

Though, the nForce 4 (2005 era) chipset had already solved this, I'm curious as to why this is happening?

This is the first time I have heard of this error! (though I loaded my ION setup with 2GB, as my HTPC setup did not need [at the time, when I was still ION-crazed] much more).

Last edited:
Back