• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Atmalinks broken when browsing with Mac OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilsofa

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
10,077
I browse using Firefox 3.6.3 on Mac OS X 10.4. All was well until tonight, about 10:30pm PST May 4. Is that when you switched to using Atmalinks from what you were using before for link popups? Now, whenever I mouse over those ad links, Firefox freezes for 15 seconds, finally putting up an error window reading:

Warning: unresponsive script

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will still complete.

Script: http://www.atmalinks.com/atma_linker.js?p=194.19

and I am given the choice of "Continue" or "stop script". Clicking either one lets me continue browsing.

I'm not complaining about HardOCP using link popups. I'm complaining that this version of link popups freezes my browser for 15 seconds whenever I mouse over an ad link. That didn't happen before with Kontera.
 
Last edited:
Sorry, OSX with FF has not been tested at all. We will look into it when we have a chance very soon.
 
just to add, they seem to be OK with OS X 10.6 with FF 3.6.3 (just tried it out)

also works fine with Safari and Chrome... so perhaps it's an issue with your older OS X install?

Can you try it in Safari / Chrome and see if the issue is the same?
 
We can't dupe the issue, but will keep it on the books.
 
I just tried 3.6.3 on OSX, and had no issues.
 
I am home from work, and I see in the other thread you have atmalinks turned off for tweaking, so I will have to KaosDG's suggestions later when it's back up.
 
Atmalinks works in Safari 4.0.5, but not in Firefox 3.6.3. Interesting.
 
They seem to be working correctly on my machine. OS X 10.6.3, Firefox 3.6.3. Also working in Safari and Chrome.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top