Atlona HD620 dynamic contrasting?

FinalJenemba

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
311
Just got an HD620 to connect my ps3 to my 27" ACD and its works well, except it seem slike its controlling contrast on the fly somehow? Can anyone with an Atlona HD620 and a ps3 test this for me to see if theirs does the same thing?

I took a quick video of what its doing, I took it with my iphone 4 and had the aperture locked so the iphone wouldn't auto-adjust the brightness, this is just how it looks to my eyes. http://youtu.be/puUK096hgpU

You can see when the screen changes to the "infamous" background the brightness raises when the screen is mostly black. Its like a flickering and get get annoying in games that go from bright to dark allot. Anything that could have anything to do contrast has been turned off on the ps3, but the ps3 doesn't to auto brightness/contrast anyway, and I know the ACD can't do anything like that, it doesn't have any scaler chips. Also, its not the backlight that's getting brighter, its the color, I suppose gamma changing would be the best way to describe it.

Any thoughts?
 
Back
Top