Atlanta Based Technology Companies - Jobs

cybertron

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone who lives in the Atlanta area knows who the big or reasonably sized IT companies here. I'm searching for a job and am basically willing to work completely free if I can get my foot in the door. I've done some searching and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I've worked in the IT field for about 12 years now but due to an accident in 2001, I've done a lot of work since then on my own and I'm tired of working alone.

I'm not exposed to enough problems right now to feel like I can really compete with others in my field, and it would be great if I could just solicit myself to some companies to see if they'd be willing to let me learn on the job knowing that I'd be learning their way of doing things and could hire me if they desired down the road.

Has anyone tried doing this before? From age 15 to 20 I was very successful at getting jobs simply by picking up the phone book and contacting a slew of companies I had interest in, but that was 1996-2001, and I know the world has changed a lot.

As for my skills, I am a windows guy and I do a lot of server hosting type stuff, so IIS, SMTP servers, DNS servers, etc. I have a nice VM server I've put together and I have nothing but time on my hands for learning. I'm auditing a c# programming class at a local university and hope to pick that skill up as well. The one thing i really don't want to do is be a windows administrator for an office full of people dealing with printer issuers, shares, permissions, etc. I like dealing with all of that but would prefer doing remote support for web site hosting, or further my knowledge of networks as I really enjoy security, etc.

Thanks in advance for any input.

PM me your information, I am looking for a bench of techs to do some work for us and may have an open position in the near future.

PM Me and i can get you more info on our company

What part of Atlanta are you in?

Look up SecureWorks. Dell recently bought them out. They were a start up company when they outsourced the building of hardware firewalls to the company I worked for at the time (early 2000s). They are internet security. They are based in Atlanta or was at the time anyway. They now serve the global market and have experienced lots of growth.

http://www.secureworks.com/

PM me your information, I am looking for a bench of techs to do some work for us and may have an open position in the near future.

PM Me and i can get you more info on our company

What part of Atlanta are you in?

I'm in the buckhead / midtown area and can travel a bit. I'll shoot you a PM with my info and link to my resume.

Look up SecureWorks. Dell recently bought them out. They were a start up company when they outsourced the building of hardware firewalls to the company I worked for at the time (early 2000s). They are internet security. They are based in Atlanta or was at the time anyway. They now serve the global market and have experienced lots of growth.

http://www.secureworks.com/

Thanks for that link, looks like they have a fair number of open positions. I'll check them out.

If you have no criminal record or crap like that and willing to move, I have a connection in Huntsville, AL. Actually I have two guys I know and both are connected to NASA. One is an IT Boss though. A Big boss!

If you have no criminal record or crap like that and willing to move, I have a connection in Huntsville, AL. Actually I have two guys I know and both are connected to NASA. One is an IT Boss though. A Big boss!

Ah, I wish i could move, but sadly, I have far too many roots here to do that right now. Plus I just closed on my first home yesterday morning. :)

What's your background in, and what kind of experience. I work for an IT consulting company out of Atlanta. PM me your resume if you're interested.

Back