atitool artifact test

ebasol1

n00b
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
14
hey guys,

i have two of the now infamous evga 7900gt superclocks in SLI. Now i'm trying to figure out if i have any of the "bad batch" of cards using the artifact tester in atitool. So far, at stock (superclock) speeds, every once in a while atitool finds "2 bad pixels". This is in SLI.

What should i do? Should i test the cards one-by-one? Is this ok, or should there be no errors? I want to do the volt-mod, but before i do that, i want to make sure the cards are not bad from the factory. I have two vf900's on the way to use once these cards are cleared as OK. With the stock cooler, my temps are ~68C when doing the atitool test.

Thanks!
 
where can I get atitool and I assume it works for all cards?
 
ebasol1 said:
hey guys,

i have two of the now infamous evga 7900gt superclocks in SLI. Now i'm trying to figure out if i have any of the "bad batch" of cards using the artifact tester in atitool. So far, at stock (superclock) speeds, every once in a while atitool finds "2 bad pixels". This is in SLI.

What should i do? Should i test the cards one-by-one? Is this ok, or should there be no errors? I want to do the volt-mod, but before i do that, i want to make sure the cards are not bad from the factory. I have two vf900's on the way to use once these cards are cleared as OK. With the stock cooler, my temps are ~68C when doing the atitool test.

Thanks!

Use rthdribl to test for artifacts since it gets the GPU hotter than pretty much any other program.
 
use them both, ATITool sucks, as it NEVER has determined a good OC for my 7800 without me going into a game and having it crash.
 
Where do you get this rthdribl? I'd like it if people posted more links to these test things.
 
Back
Top