AtiSILENCER for the X1900XT?

The-Tmann

Supreme [H]ardness
Is the AtiSILENCER , the one that exhausts out the back of the case,
compatible with the X1900 series?
I saw the new one, Acelero or whatever, but as hot as these cards are I want the heat out of my case and "quiet"
anyone???

The silencer series is not compatible with the X1800 / X1900 series only the new acelero. The only way to get quiet and the heat outside your case would be to water cool.

The T-man said:
Anyone used the ACELEROX2 yet? feedback on it please?

Ok I got this thing, better than stock deffinately, the max temp it got on it being overclocked was about 70c which is good imo, man soo soo quiet cant hear it one bit.

But, it exshausts air into the case, and the x1900 and x1800's make so much heat that I didnt like it, my temps readings where random for the case when it was in so I cant totally say, if you can get the heat coming from that accelero then I will recommend.

Just disassemble the stock cooler, take the fan/plastic off, and mount a fan to blow over the heatsink. Use AS5 on the core as well. A nice quiet 80-92mm fan rigged to blow over the stock cooler-guts is fine.

I was thinking of a way to convert the shroud on my Silencer 4 to fit on the ATi heatsink...

The T-man said:
Anyone used the ACELEROX2 yet? feedback on it please?

Yes I installed it today. Cools way better then stock and is virtually silent. The difference is night and day, get it!

Have you noticed any problems with a heat increase to your MB or CPU?

Imo dont get the accelero it cools better but the heat it puts in your case aint worth it

If you got good airflow who cares if it blows back into the case. Are you going to buy a CPU coolers that blow the air out of the case??? The Zalman V900 and the Arctic Cooler Accelero X2 will do just fine if you have good airflow.

ReDgUaRd008 said:
Are you going to buy a CPU coolers that blow the air out of the case???

YES!

You have felt the air coming out the back of your card whilst on stock cooler, right? Remember the part when your hand melted... :p

Case temps are just fine maybe a degree or so hotter. Thats nothing my system is just as stable as ever and my video card is cooler. As long as you have other fans in your case then your plenty fine. The cooler is very much worth it. People who say don't get it haven't used it so I wouldn't take their opinion too seriously.

Yeah, I'm wondering if it would be ok. I've got dual 120's out the rear anyway.

*hovers over trigger click @ the egg*

Jodiuh said:
YES!

You have felt the air coming out the back of your card whilst on stock cooler, right? Remember the part when your hand melted... :p
What case is that in the picture?

Hehe, yeah. It's the 810 version. Instead of having spots for psu on top and bottom, it has psu on bottom and dual 120's in the rear. I've got both of those spots filled with silverstone's 1200 rpm 50cfm 25db fan. Then there's 2 on intake patrol as well.

I finally decided to get the accelero...

Idle temps went down from 55 to 45 and load from 80-90 to about 75. Funny thing though. My case temp didn't go up more then one degree.

I'm happy

ReDgUaRd008 said:
If you got good airflow who cares if it blows back into the case. Are you going to buy a CPU coolers that blow the air out of the case??? The Zalman V900 and the Arctic Cooler Accelero X2 will do just fine if you have good airflow.

Yup, thats why I bougt my Silverstone TJ-06 "Windtunnel" for that exact reason.

I want a regular silencer made to fit the X1800/X1900 so bad. Im sorry, but i can never buy the accelero because the heat that is moved from the heatsink on my X1900XTX is hotter than any heater in my house. Now, picture that stream of ultra hot air being pumped out about an inch directly across the motherboard.........i cant do it. I either have to make my own heatsink (ive done it before) or finnally go water, and right now im leaning on water. Ill give artic cooling a few eeks tops to see if a regular silencer is going to come out, other wise its water for me. Might be a good thing, i always figured if i went water it start with the cpu.......lol. Oh, and the other heatsinks from zalman are the worst. Sorry to anyone who bought one, but they are pretty bad. The only heatsink from zalman thats even halfway decent is the "soon to be released" version with the heatpipe. Even that blows as the heat is still dumped in the case. Oh well, my 2 cents.

Back