• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

ATI's new Catalyst 4.9 beta's

SocketA

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
423
I just installed the 4.8 Catalyst driver yesterday, havent gotten a chance to try it out yet. Now the 4.9 Beta's are out geared specifically for Doom3. I have a X800pro. Has anyone tried them out yet? Increases? Do they affect other games? I have read conflicting reports, no reviews. Thank You for any info..
 
I tried the 4.9a's with my 9700 PRO, no difference in D3. I think they are X800 specific.
 
godsend1 said:
I tried the 4.9a's with my 9700 PRO, no difference in D3. I think they are X800 specific.

yep it pretty much is only for the x800.
 
i noticed very little performance increase with the 4.9 beta's, maybe 2-3fps more, nothing really noticeable, but it helps.
 
SocketA said:
I just installed the 4.8 Catalyst driver yesterday, havent gotten a chance to try it out yet. Now the 4.9 Beta's are out geared specifically for Doom3. I have a X800pro. Has anyone tried them out yet? Increases? Do they affect other games? I have read conflicting reports, no reviews. Thank You for any info..

4.9 gave me a boost on my old 9600XT in doom 3.
 
Back
Top