ati2dvga dll file error

Jaa-Yoo

Limp Gawd
Hey people,
I have a brand new 9600se and have problems with file ati2dvga.dll. I get a BSOD [There is a problem with ati2dvga] every time i install the driver and do a reset, sometimes from the moment i install the driver. Today i made a clean install of XP with SP2 and used the latest catalyst driver and still got the same problem.
Im running a Soltek QBic 3900 with a 3200+ A64, 512megs, 120gig sata hd, Pio dvd burner and of course, the radeon 9600se.
Ive resorted to using the driver that came packaged with the card but the performance is absolutely horrible, even navigating windows is a pain.
Ive googled on this but havent found anything that can help me. Can anyone here help me out?
Thanks

not sure if this is the same problem I had but try going into the control center and disabling VPU recovery. Did you use driver cleaner to remove the driver you tried installing before using the ones off the cd? Try the vpu recovery thing first, use driver cleaner to take out the drivers you have right now and then reboot, don't let windows auto install the drivers (try disconnecting from the net, take the cat5 cable out), install the drivers and then go disable vpu recovery

Dallows said:
not sure if this is the same problem I had but try going into the control center and disabling VPU recovery. Did you use driver cleaner to remove the driver you tried installing before using the ones off the cd? Try the vpu recovery thing first, use driver cleaner to take out the drivers you have right now and then reboot, don't let windows auto install the drivers (try disconnecting from the net, take the cat5 cable out), install the drivers and then go disable vpu recovery

How do I disable VPU recovery? I can't open my ATI control center.

Can't open it? You shouldn't have to. Ya know how to get to the video card properties? Right-click the desktop, properties, then settings, advanced, and VPU recovery should be one of the tabs.

Dallows said:
Can't open it? You shouldn't have to. Ya know how to get to the video card properties? Right-click the desktop, properties, then settings, advanced, and VPU recovery should be one of the tabs.

I'm in safe mode, there are just 4 tabs there. Just the standard ones.

oh well, did you go and uninstall whatever drivers where there? and reinstall the latest ATI's 5.1 or something. Do that first.

Dallows said:
oh well, did you go and uninstall whatever drivers where there? and reinstall the latest ATI's 5.1 or something. Do that first.

no, i had the latest omegas installed. I did everything i could think of to clean and uninstall them. i then restarted and it was working fine in XP pro without the drivers. then i installed the 5.1s, restarted, then bluescreen and other weirdness.

wha? Odd, so yeah... That's weird. How did you go about uninstalling them? Try again, get the lastest Driver Cleaner Pro, Go to the control panel, uninstall the driver then the control panel w/o rebooting then go into safe mode, run driver cleaner, empy the recycle bin if necessary and then reboot, install the new cat 5.1 without letting xp auto install anything.

Dallows said:
wha? Odd, so yeah... That's weird. How did you go about uninstalling them? Try again, get the lastest Driver Cleaner Pro, Go to the control panel, uninstall the driver then the control panel w/o rebooting then go into safe mode, run driver cleaner, empy the recycle bin if necessary and then reboot, install the new cat 5.1 without letting xp auto install anything.

xp won't auto-install anything, it can't find drivers for it anyway. long story.

I did everything you said...

It didn't work. Same problem, same reason, no idea why. I'm going to try using restore points to get it installed, it might work if I try that.

Umm.. I dunno then, RMA maybe? I might be out of ideas, if you don't have much installed on the pc you could always try starting from scratch again.

But wait, what didn't work? You still can't boot into windows?

Dallows said:
Umm.. I dunno then, RMA maybe? I might be out of ideas, if you don't have much installed on the pc you could always try starting from scratch again.

But wait, what didn't work? You still can't boot into windows?

Dude, I'm not going to RMA my computer. It's fine. It's just something I'm doing in these drivers that's messing up. My computer is a laptop too, by the way. I could just try reformatting, but I don't have my discs. I'll keep trying.

whoa whoa, my bad. For some reason I thought I was talking to the first guy, haha, ahh man, sorry.

Back