• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI XT PE Shipping late

Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
530
Ugh, I'm kinda pissed.

I tried to cash in on the ATi 10% discount thing they had going last month and decided to order an XT PE from them. I figured that since everyone else is selling those cards for way more than the MSRP, that 10% off of the MSRP was basically as good as it would get anywhere, even though originally I was just quoted that it would ship Oct 15th.

Well, now I hear that I wont be getting it till Nov 15th. This is crap, I think I'm just going to have to get it from somewhere else for a lot more.

Either that or go with a 6800 GT, or X800 Pro, which both would be slightly more than what this XT PE would be for me (after taxes).
 
The ATI store will probably be the last place where the cards are in stock. Bummer man sry. :(
 
or just get an x800xt. there are a lot of them actually on pricewatch vendors. i orderded mine in sig from buyxtremegear.com for $499, and it easily overclocks to PE speeds. when i ordered last week they had like 30 of these and 30 gigabytes in stock.
 
doh-nut said:
or just get an x800xt. there are a lot of them actually on pricewatch vendors. i orderded mine in sig from buyxtremegear.com for $499, and it easily overclocks to PE speeds. when i ordered last week they had like 30 of these and 30 gigabytes in stock.

QFT, ill be getting mine from them tuesday, the XT is $485 now, is that the OC you got w/ the stock cooler?
 
Yeah, I ordered from them on September 8th, and they tried telling me last week that the card hasn't been released yet and that it was on pre-order till Nov 15th. I cancelled my order and got one from bestbuy customer fulffillment which arrived 3 days later. I suggest you do the same.
 
SanGreal said:
Yeah, I ordered from them on September 8th, and they tried telling me last week that the card hasn't been released yet and that it was on pre-order till Nov 15th. I cancelled my order and got one from bestbuy customer fulffillment which arrived 3 days later. I suggest you do the same.

I just can't find any stores (in Canada at least) that are selling any of the 6800GT, X800Pro, X800XT, or X800XT PE for what the ati.com store is offering it for, so it almost seems like I'm better off just waiting it out.

That's not all that bad as I'm still playing some older games right now that don't need the extra power. When I get done with these, it should be able november when I can finally pick up Far Cry, Doom 3, and HL2
 
TheGeneral said:
QFT, ill be getting mine from them tuesday, the XT is $485 now, is that the OC you got w/ the stock cooler?

yea its stock, actually the memory is 570 though, i typoed.
 
Back
Top