ATI X800 XT PE Shipped?

Wint3rH4wk

n00b
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
3
Hey guys, first time poster here on the forums and was wondering whether anyone has got their X800 XT PE from ATI yet. Last I heard it was shipping November 15th which is today and I havent seen any updates on the site or anything so I dont know if I should be getting it in the coming days or not, anyone know?
 
Great, phoned ATI. Now I get to wait another month and a half because they didnt make enough : /. Wait a month to hear that I get to wait another month because I never waited an additional month, dandy, makes me want to go to Nvidia
 
There are some rumours flying around that yields were so bad with X800XT-PE that they've almost stopped producing them now. They've made changes to the core for better yields and are calling the revised cards the X850 series (aka. R480). The official launch for X850 is supposed to be in 2 weeks time so they must already be producing the revised cores by now. If so then maybe you'll be getting an X850XT-PE if you keep waiting? But with HL2 begging for an X800 you may not want to wait - grab an XT like the dude says and enjoy!!

Anyway, those are just rumours so keep that in mind. Good luck getting your card mate. :)
 
coz said:
There are some rumours flying around that yields were so bad with X800XT-PE that they've almost stopped producing them now. They've made changes to the core for better yields and are calling the revised cards the X850 series (aka. R480). The official launch for X850 is supposed to be in 2 weeks time so they must already be producing the revised cores by now. If so then maybe you'll be getting an X850XT-PE if you keep waiting? But with HL2 begging for an X800 you may not want to wait - grab an XT like the dude says and enjoy!!

Anyway, those are just rumours so keep that in mind. Good luck getting your card mate. :)

I am in total agreement. I was lucky enough to get a X800pro~Vivo that softmodded to XT PE 540/570. If I were you though, I would stick it out and wait. Try contacting them and see if you can switch your order to the X850. I think it will have better availability.
 
i got a gecube X800XT, flashed to PE (as the cards are exactly the same, the only thing different is the bios :D ) and its running 500/500 when im on desktop stuff {idle 35º} and 580/580 {full load 60º} in games, tried to go higher but corruption occours. im on stock cooler and added heatsinks to the BGAS on the back of the card(but got a good airflow in the case).
Get a XT ´cause its so easy to turn it to PE... and less $$$ at least 100!
Good Luck!
ED
 
Omega, that's a nice overclock. 580/580? Consider yourself lucky, most don't overclock that high.
 
got mine from bestbuy about a month ago, it was just sitting in the store shelves :eek:
 
If yields are so bad, why are you able to overclock XT's to XT-PE speeds?
 
because the ones that do get past quality checks are INSANE...cuz they hafta run so high to begin with...they don't make as much profit by selling it as an XT or an XTPE...they can just flash the BIOS and sell it for something different anyway....
 
Moloch said:
If yields are so bad, why are you able to overclock XT's to XT-PE speeds?

Because most people have pre-built systems with the airflow of a choking man's airpipe. In my current system my GT can do 430/1200 indefintely. In my dell it chokes and hardlocks after in hour at 400/1100.
 
Alex41290 said:
because the ones that do get past quality checks are INSANE...cuz they hafta run so high to begin with...they don't make as much profit by selling it as an XT or an XTPE...they can just flash the BIOS and sell it for something different anyway....
If they can make XTs, and there are pleanty of those around, why can't they make XT-PEs? Everyone says they can run at XT-PE speed so whats the problem?
 
what i'm saying is, they can sell it as whatever they want, let it be an xt or an xtpe...whichever card is more in demand...they are almost identical anyway....as you can see from the people hitting PE speeds easily.
 
coz said:
There are some rumours flying around that yields were so bad with X800XT-PE that they've almost stopped producing them now. They've made changes to the core for better yields and are calling the revised cards the X850 series (aka. R480). The official launch for X850 is supposed to be in 2 weeks time so they must already be producing the revised cores by now. If so then maybe you'll be getting an X850XT-PE if you keep waiting? But with HL2 begging for an X800 you may not want to wait - grab an XT like the dude says and enjoy!!

Anyway, those are just rumours so keep that in mind. Good luck getting your card mate. :)

I wondered if it was a lack of good yields on the x800xt/pe , or lack of ATI paying attention. My core maxed out at 525mhz new, and OD would only clock to that, so I think that's set in the bios on a per card basis. But when I removed the stock H/S, I could see it was resting on one of the corners of the shim, and the paste was extra thick on that corner of the core. I pulled the shim and the card was fine at 570mhz, but OD still said 525mhz, now it's on H2O and v.modded, and it can run 650mhz, but OD still says 525 max ! The one thing to note though if you pull the shim, the core is very low compared to the surrounding capacitors. If you swap the cooling, you need one with a similar bottom to the stock H/S (like a built in pad on the H/S), I had to machine my WB to achieve this.
 
Back
Top