ATI X1900 AIW For $149 at Micro Center

Spazilton said:
I need to get an AMEX one of these days here soon. They send me enough preapproved offers lol.

And do you think they are going to give up 30days of online orders on a brand new product, because they made a pricing mistake. It would make more buisness sense just to cancel all the bogus orders(probally 5000+) and put it up at the proper price.

exactly, they will cancel that SKU, create a new one with the proper price

point being, the item you were on backorder for will never be back in stock, nobody will get a x1900aiw for $149

i just ordered 2 for in store pickup and they hit my credit card immediately

Spazilton said:
Just noticed, I have a hold for the order amount on my CC. They said they dont charge until they ship.

Unlike certian places like Monarch..

They charge your card even if it fails validation..

yeah, i'm still waiting for my refund from last wednesday :rolleyes:

No luck for me. Got confirmation that my order went through, but got another email stating that they were out of stock. :rolleyes:
Oh well, was too good to be true for me at least. Good luck to those that get one, let us know. :D

Least said:
yeah, i'm still waiting for my refund from last wednesday :rolleyes:

From Monarch or Microcenter?

Dont tell me Monarch.. Or I will have a good rant for ya that cant be locked down by the monarch guy..

amd ati FO SHO said:
i've been waiting for a refund from monarch for around 6 weeks now. sent an email and nothing.

Ok first of all the ONLY reason I order from Monarch, is they have the best damn prices on OEM cpu's anywhere.

However they buisness practices are downright shady.

I have a very long bad history with them that started in 2002 before I even knew who they were.

Someone got ahold of my credit card information, right after I had just moved from Washington state to Virginia.

They placed an order with Monarch for over $700 on stolen credit card information.
Monarch processed the order, and found out that the items were being shipped to an address not on file with the credit card issuer. Now this stolen CC was my Checkcard, so this money came right out of my checking account. This wasn't a hold, this was a completed charge... They tried to call the contact number, which was given with the order and couldn't get ahold of anyone. This order was shipping to Michigan. Ive never lived in Michigan, only driven through the state once.

So they have an order that doesnt pass address validation, they cant contact the card holder, and guess what they do.. They process and approve the order anyway. Bam $700 down the shitter. I am lucky as hell, that I caught it the day after it happened. I didn't even know who these people were , and my bank was the ones that got in touch with them to question the charge. They said they would refund the charge within 4 hours. 2 days go by and nothing. I contacted my bank again, and we go through it again.. 2 fucking weeks it took to get my money back from them..

I filed a complaint with Visa for that little incident, but never heard anything back with that one.

Incident # 2.

I placed an order around the beginning of March for one of the good Opteron deals. I misentered the CV2 code by accident. (I have 2 cards I use for all online stuff and have them memorised. I switched them by accident.)
So the CV2 was incorrect with my order. The validation code that ensures you actually have the card in your hand.

I get an email later in the day statating such, and they ask me to provide the inforamtion in an email. I replied that they should call the number I put on my order and I would be happy to verify the information over the phone. I waited 2 days and no call, and recived another email saying the same thing as the first. I told them to cancel my order, and recieved a cancel order confirmation later in the day.

I check my CC statement at the end of the month (24 days after the canceled order) and there is a charge from Monarch on the day I placed my order. So they charged a credit card, not having the cv2 code. And they still processed a charge.

So I figure Id get ahold of the monarch dude and see what he can do. He was really nice and agreed to see what he could get done.... Waited a full day... Nothing.

I call Monarch and get told that it takes 15-25 BUISNESS days to process a refund.

15-25 BUISNESS DAYS (3-5 weeks) to give you money back when they never even sent a damn product. From a cancled order. On a card with inproper validation..

Grand total took me a little over a month to get my refund.
I got to pay intrest on the money they wouldnt give back to me for over a month.

I brought this up to the monarch guy when someone said how good their validation procedures were..

Monarchs rather childish response....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazilton
Thier credit validation system is actually pretty shitty. 4 years ago, Monarch was the reason I lost almost $700 for a coulpe of weeks. Someone got ahold of my credit card info, placed an order with Monarch with the incorrect billing address. Monarch called to verify the order, called the number the person that stole the info provided. They couldnt verify the transaction, and they processed it anyway......

So 4 years ago we didn't have the strict rules we have now and this happened.... I am with you as far as that sucking

Quote:
Coulpe of Months ago, I ordered a 165 on one of the deals they had going. I put the wrong CV2 code in on the transaction. (Mistyped it). They emailed me the next day asking for my CV2 code. I refused to give the code over email and told them to call the number listed on the order. Waited 2 days and didn't get any calls. I got another email asking for the same thing. I told them just to cancel the order. I got an order cancel email...

Now we have these procedures and your order didn't budge because you refused to give us the information required, for all we knew it was a stolen card #. Sounds like our verification process works quite well.

Quote:
Didn't think any more of it until I recieved my credit card statement and there was a $300 charge from Monarch. I called them and they said "Oh it takes 15-20 Buisness days to process a refund." Which is complete bullshit. So they processed a transaction with the incorrect CV2 code then kept my money for almost 30 days. That in my opinion is just poor buisness practices.

All orders are charged at the time of the order being placed as it is clearly stated in our terms and conditions. That does NOT mean that it has been verified as a legitimate order yet. You misunderstood what they told you about the time frame, it can take up to the period of time for the credit to show on your account, which has to do with several things. Including the time it takes for the credit card company to post the credit to your card once we issue it.

Quote:

I wouldn't call Monarch's verification process good at all.

I am afraid I don't see how you can say this as you clearly demonstrated to us all that your order didn't go anywhere once you refused to supply the proper information.

If you have any further questions regarding this issue please stop cluttering our thread and use the resources made available for you i.e. [email protected]

Before I could respond to any of his answers, he locks the thread..

So Amd ATI, I would expect to have to wait a while longer for your money back.
I would contest the charge, with your bank, AND Visa/MC/Discover/AMEX what ever card it was.

Explain how they are doing things. Im sure one coustmer complaing wont do anything, but their merchant processor coming down on them would..

I would say what they are doing is boderline criminal.

At least Monarch Dude can't lock this.

And I realise Im probally going to piss some people off with this because of all the great deals you have been getting. But everything I have said is the truth, and the people on the forums, need to be aware of issues like this as consumers..

Spazilton said:
Ok first of all the ONLY reason I order from Monarch, is they have the best damn prices on OEM cpu's anywhere.

I have a very long bad history with them that started in 2002 before I even knew who they were.

Someone got ahold of my credit card information, right after I had just moved from Washington state to Virginia.

They placed an order with Monarch for over $700 on stolen credit card information.
Monarch processed the order, and found out that the items were being shipped to an address not on file with the credit card issuer. Now this stolen CC was my Checkcard, so this money came right out of my checking account. This wasn't a hold, this was a completed charge... They tried to call the contact number, which was given with the order and couldn't get ahold of anyone. This order was shipping to Michigan. Ive never lived in Michigan, only driven through the state once.

So they have an order that doesnt pass address validation, they cant contact the card holder, and guess what they do.. They process and approve the order anyway. Bam $700 down the shitter. I am lucky as hell, that I caught it the day after it happened. I didn't even know who these people were , and my bank was the ones that got in touch with them to question the charge. They said they would refund the charge within 4 hours. 2 days go by and nothing. I contacted my bank again, and we go through it again.. 2 fucking weeks it took to get my money back from them..

I filed a complaint with Visa for that little incident, but never heard anything back with that one.

Incident # 2.

I placed an order around the beginning of March for one of the good Opteron deals. I misentered the CV2 code by accident. (I have 2 cards I use for all online stuff and have them memorised. I switched them by accident.)
So the CV2 was incorrect with my order. The validation code that ensures you actually have the card in your hand.

I get an email later in the day statating such, and they ask me to provide the inforamtion in an email. I replied that they should call the number I put on my order and I would be happy to verify the information over the phone. I waited 2 days and no call, and recived another email saying the same thing as the first. I told them to cancel my order, and recieved a cancel order confirmation later in the day.

I check my CC statement at the end of the month (24 days after the canceled order) and there is a charge from Monarch on the day I placed my order. So they charged a credit card, not having the cv2 code. And they still processed a charge.

So I figure Id get ahold of the monarch dude and see what he can do. He was really nice and agreed to see what he could get done.... Waited a full day... Nothing.

I call Monarch and get told that it takes 15-25 BUISNESS days to process a refund.

15-25 BUISNESS DAYS (3-5 weeks) to give you money back when they never even sent a damn product. From a cancled order. On a card with inproper validation..

I got to pay intrest on the money they wouldnt give back to me for over a month.

I brought this up to the monarch guy when someone said how good their validation procedures were..

I would contest the charge, with your bank, AND Visa/MC/Discover/AMEX what ever card it was.

Explain how they are doing things. Im sure one coustmer complaing wont do anything, but their merchant processor coming down on them would..

And I realise Im probally going to piss some people off with this because of all the great deals you have been getting. But everything I have said is the truth, and the people on the forums, need to be aware of issues like this as consumers..

I appreciate you typing that up man.

Monarch has a definite sway over this forum, as well as many others — and often those who have customer complanits stay silent amidst all the praise for their hot deals/CS. But there definitely are issues with the company, namely their "charge first/verify later, if at all" procedure, which is actually pretty damn illegal. I feel they sometimes exploit their status on this board, expressing almost disdain for customers that question their policies or have complaints.

No one can deny that Monarch frequently has tremendous deals, and their products are consistently good. But their CS and some of their policies need to be reworked. It has to mean something if people- knowing their voice will be drowned out, their threads locked- still insist on explaining their experiences, however negative. I'm actually offended by the replies of "Monarch Guy" in your thread- he seems to have taken almost a personal offense, coming off not as a concerned, professional rep, but as an arrogant rep deaf to everything but his own sales pitch.

Anyway, that's my baby rant. Monarch, I love you - but you definitely have room for improvement.

EDIT: Lol, not sure how microcenter HD turned into monarch rant, but oh well :)

The item(s) you wanted to pick up at your local Micro Center are currently out of stock at the store you requested. Additionally, we cannot backorder any of these in-store pickup items. We regret that this requires us to cancel your order.

It is possible, however, that the item(s) you requested are available online for immediate shipping or backorder. We'd like to suggest that you try purchasing the item(s) online.

Please note that your credit card has not been charged for the items(s) listed below. In confirmation of this cancellation, please review this information.

Thank you for shopping with Micro Center Online. Your business is important
to us both online and at MICRO CENTER. We hope you'll visit again soon.

If you have questions regarding this email, please contact us at 1-800-634-3478 or send us an email.

Micro Center Online Customer Service
1-800-634-3478
Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST / Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST / Sunday - Closed
www.microcenter.com
Oh well! I tried!

Spazilton said:

Incident # 2.

I am still waiting for you to provide me with information via PM or e-mail. I have been trying to be helpful to you, however you have an obvious alternate agenda. I will not respond any longer.

Spazilton said:

Incident # 2.

Thanks, i'll shoot them another email...

pclstyle said:
I appreciate you typing that up man.

Monarch has a definite sway over this forum, as well as many others — and often those who have customer complanits stay silent amidst all the praise for their hot deals/CS. But there definitely are issues with the company, namely their "charge first/verify later, if at all" procedure, which is actually pretty damn illegal. I feel they sometimes exploit their status on this board, expressing almost disdain for customers that question their policies or have complaints.

No one can deny that Monarch frequently has tremendous deals, and their products are consistently good. But their CS and some of their policies need to be reworked. It has to mean something if people- knowing their voice will be drowned out, their threads locked- still insist on explaining their experiences, however negative. I'm actually offended by the replies of "Monarch Guy" in your thread- he seems to have taken almost a personal offense, coming off not as a concerned, professional rep, but as an arrogant rep deaf to everything but his own sales pitch.

Anyway, that's my baby rant. Monarch, I love you - but you definitely have room for improvement.

EDIT: Lol, not sure how microcenter HD turned into monarch rant, but oh well :)
There is plenty of people who can speak for me as for my willingness to help. As far as Spazilton, all I am going to say is there is 3 sides to every story; and I would caution you not to take everything you read at face value. Monarch has made it clear we will not get into a discussion/argument about any order issues in the open threads.

Monarch Deals said:
There is plenty of people who can speak for me as for my willingness to help. As far as Spazilton, all I am going to say is there is 3 sides to every story; and I would caution you take everything you read at face value. Monarch has made it clear we will not get into a discussion/argument about any order issues in the open threads.

I'll agree that the "Monarch Rep", has shown us huge support in the customer service department.

As for my inquiry, i'll try my luck with [email protected] again.

EDIT - after reading out spaz's experience i may give it a little more time. although it would be nice to get a reply for my emails.

Eh... well back on topic!

I just got another email from Microcenter:
We've received your pickup order, XXXXX.

Just a quick email to let you know that we have received your order for pick up at your local Micro Center. You will be notified via email when your order is ready.

The item(s) listed below will be set aside for you at THE ULTIMATE COMPUTER STORE, 550 E LANCASTER AVE, ST DAVIDS, PA, 19087, based upon availability at the store. A deposit will be placed on the credit card listed below for the amount shown when the order is processed.

You will receive another email within the next business day when your order is ready to pick up. You will have two days after the email is sent to pick up your order. If you do not pick up your order within that time, it will be cancelled.

Your "Pickup Order is Ready" email will advise you if any or all items were out of stock at the time the store processed the order. If an item is out of stock we will cancel it from your order. We regret that we are not able to backorder items that are designated for in-store pickup.

To pick up your merchandise:
1) Present the email confirmation of your order
2) Provide the actual credit card used to make the purchase
3) Acknowledge receipt of your merchandise with your signature

To ensure the security of your online purchases, only the person whose name is listed on the credit card may pick up the merchandise at the store.

Please remember to bring the credit card used to make the purchase when you
come to pick up the order - as we cannot process the order without the actual
credit card.

If you have any questions regarding your order, please contact the store at
(610) 989-8400.

Thank you for shopping with Micro Center Online; your business is sincerely appreciated. We hope you enjoy your visit to MICRO CENTER.

Micro Center Online Customer Service
1-800-634-3478
Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST / Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST / Sunday - Closed
www.microcenter.com
They really need to get their stuff together :D

Apallohadas said:
Eh... well back on topic!

I just got another email from Microcenter:

They really need to get their stuff together :D

i followed this on SD, your best bet is to head to the b&m and show them a printout of this reciept

Monarch Deals said:
There is plenty of people who can speak for me as for my willingness to help. As far as Spazilton, all I am going to say is there is 3 sides to every story; and I would caution you take everything you read at face value. Monarch has made it clear we will not get into a discussion/argument about any order issues in the open threads.
As I said, I myself would vouch for your willingness to help as well, and Monarch as a company is at the top of my of places to purchase from when ordering components. I don't know the story behind Spazilton's particular case, nor do I support the method he chose to present his circumstances- I just wanted to reinforce that if there really are a number of unresolved situations with customers having a difficult time with particular policies, it shouldn't overlooked just because there are a tremendous number of satisfied customers.

Perhaps I'm not the best candidate to be advocating this, as I've never had a problem with the however many thousands of dollars worth of orders I've placed through Monarch, but I responded because I faced a similar situation with a different shipper very recently. Regardless, MGuy, I hope you haven't taken any personal offense- HF is definitely the better for your presence, and my computer the more powerful for your updates.

Peace.

pclstyle said:
As I said, I myself would vouch for your willingness to help as well, and Monarch as a company is at the top of my of places to purchase from when ordering components. I don't know the story behind Spazilton's particular case, nor do I support the method he chose to present his circumstances- I just wanted to reinforce that if there really are a number of unresolved situations with customers having a difficult time with particular policies, it shouldn't overlooked just because there are a tremendous number of satisfied customers.

Perhaps I'm not the best candidate to be advocating this, as I've never had a problem with the however many thousands of dollars worth of orders I've placed through Monarch, but I responded because I faced a similar situation with a different shipper very recently. Regardless, MGuy, I hope you haven't taken any personal offense- HF is definitely the better for your presence, and my computer the more powerful for your updates.

Peace.

Lets keep this thread on track. C'mon respect MD enough to keep these things private via email/pm.

Update - Seems like each b&m store has roughly 3 in stock, so if you have a in-stock pickup for a westcoast store, get there early to pick them up.

I heard that the early people also got a puppy that looks JUST LIKE THAT ONE!

(I read it on the internet, must be true.)

Apallohadas said:

Who got it alread?

bet that dog got you some serious pu$$y lol

anyway already got a letter that dtore doesnt have any lol

so if i got there and they have them must they sell them at that price?

jcopin said:
bet that dog got you some serious pu$$y lol

anyway already got a letter that dtore doesnt have any lol

so if i got there and they have them must they sell them at that price?
:D

the B&m will tell you its a price error

I guess all these people have hidden agenda's also..

General Information

Original Business Start Date: January 1993
Principal : Mr. Richard Harris President
Customer Contact: Mr. John Camp Administrative Contact
Phone Number: (770) 939-8886
Fax Number: (770) 939-9828
BBB Membership: This company is not a member
Type-of-Business Classification: Computers-Dealers

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unresolved complaint(s).

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

The Bureau processed a total of 48 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 48 complaints in the last 36 months, 28 of those were closed in the last 12 months.

Complaints Concerned
Advertising Issues: 4
Outcome of all complaints -
Resolved: 2; |[Company resolved the complaint issues.
The consumer failed to acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.]|
Administratively Closed: 2; |[BBB determined the company made good faith and reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.]|

Sales Practice Issues: 5
Resolved: 4; |[Company resolved the complaint issues.
The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.]| |[Company
resolved the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.]| Unresolved: 1; |[Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through the BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.]|

Delivery Issues: 6
Resolved: 3; |[Company resolved the complaint issues.
Administratively Closed: 3; |[BBB determined the company made good faith and reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.]|

Repair Issues: 2

Service Issues: 3
resolved the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.]| Administratively Closed: 1; |[BBB determined the company made good faith and reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.]|

Guarantees or Warranty Issues: 2

Product Issues: 4
Administratively Closed: 2; |[BBB determined the company made good faith and reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.]|

Refund or Exchange Issues: 14
Resolved: 8; |[Company resolved the complaint issues.
Unresolved: 2; |[Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through the BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.]| Administratively Closed: 4; |[BBB determined the company made good faith and reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.]|

Contract Issues: 2
resolved the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.]|

Billing or Collection Issues: 4
Resolved: 3; |[Company resolved the complaint issues.
resolved the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.]| Administratively Closed: 1; |[BBB determined the company made good faith and reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.]|

Additional Information

Additional Doing-Business-As Names: M C S
Monarch Computer Systems
MonarchComputer.com
Additional Phone Numbers: 770-493-1005
800-611-0875

Company Management

Additional company management personnel include:
Mr. Andrew Levy
Mr. John Camp Administrative Contact

Report as of 05/04/2006
Copyright 2006 Better Business Bureau

As a matter of policy, the Better Business Bureau does not endorse any product, service or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained herein is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time.

The Better Business Bureau reports on members and non-members. Membership in the BBB is voluntary, and members must meet and maintain BBB standards. If a company is a member of this BBB, it is stated in this report.

All Im saying is that there are issues, and quite frankly from a CS point of view, coming off this way on a public forum looks bad. But it wont matter, all the people saving money won't care..

I'm done in this thread its pointless now, and will probally be locked..

Apallohadas said:
Um, The above post was sarcasm. You don't really think they were giving out puppies? Do you? :confused:

I'm sure he just meant the card. Most have assumed you get nothing for your troubles other than a carefully worded email. Who can't read between the lines now? :D Your "funny" could be misconstrued as people getting the card at least. Ok, so I would have guessed it was clearly a joke, but honestly your blunder is just as bad. Seriously, no, he didn't think you get a puppy.

I got the backorder email too. I just called and they said it was a pricing error, but then the guy said they are waiting to hear from HQ if they can honor the price on orders placed :rolleyes: i doubt its going to happen, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

plasma said:
I got the backorder email too. I just called and they said it was a pricing error, but then the guy said they are waiting to hear from HQ if they can honor the price on orders placed :rolleyes: i doubt its going to happen, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

hopefully they honor the price until their supply is gone.

But honestly for a medium size company like MC, it would be difficult to honor that price.

LOL this reminds me of the HP X1600XT for 69 dollars deal that was a couple months ago. Still waiting for mine, and I go no cancellation notice from HP either :rolleyes: So technically im still on backorder. Still have the receipt and everything. Maybe I should give them a call and bitch up a storm :D

Lazy_Moron said:
LOL this reminds me of the HP X1600XT for 69 dollars deal that was a couple months ago. Still waiting for mine, and I go no cancellation notice from HP either :rolleyes: So technically im still on backorder. Still have the receipt and everything. Maybe I should give them a call and bitch up a storm :D

That was different, that required a exchange.

Spazilton said:
I guess all these people have hidden agenda's also..

All Im saying is that there are issues, and quite frankly from a CS point of view, coming off this way on a public forum looks bad. But it wont matter, all the people saving money won't care..

I'm done in this thread its pointless now, and will probally be locked..
Sounds to me by reading this that MCS does jsut what MD said. They resolve or at least attmept to resolve issues. however there is a lot of people like you who ignore their attempts and only want to make noise. I along with everyone here are tired of hearing from you.

gingersnap said:
Sounds to me by reading this that MCS does jsut what MD said. They resolve or at least attmept to however there is a lot of people like you who ignore their attempts and only want to make noise. I along with everyone here are tired of hearing from you.

Oh c'mon the guy already stopped. Lets just leave it alone.

Update on deal- very YMMV, most stores are now refusing orders, even orders made online for in-store pickup.

One of the people over at XS that placed their order got a call from MC.

They admitted their pricing mistake and are seeing if they can honor the price for everyone that got orders in.

Evidently not a lot of the cards were ordered (Suprising)

Other possibility was getting a discount price on the cards (250-300)ish.

texuspete00 said:
I'm sure he just meant the card. Most have assumed you get nothing for your troubles other than a carefully worded email. Who can't read between the lines now? :D Your "funny" could be misconstrued as people getting the card at least. Ok, so I would have guessed it was clearly a joke, but honestly your blunder is just as bad. Seriously, no, he didn't think you get a puppy.
Please tell me how this is a "blunder" as you worded it:

Please tell me you don't fall for those "Fill out this survey and You'll get 19 free ipods!!!" If so, I have this shiney 2008 model fusion powered hoverchair. It can be your's for a mere kidney, spleen, and bone marrow exchange. :p

Back