• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI video with nvidia for physx

BrakinDeep

n00b
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
43
I know this has sorta been talked about in the few posts below but has the issue with nvidia cards being disabled, when no monitor connected, within Vista been fixed when trying to use it as a dedicated PPU?

I am probably going ATI and will have a third PCIe slot which is begging to be used. Since I'll have an 8800gt spare, it would be nice to use it as a dedicated PPU when apps can utilize it.

Thanks
 
I think in order to use a Nvidia card for Physx, you need to install the graphics (Forceware) drivers too. So in short, you can't mix them unfortunately. (I too also want to do this because I have a spare 640MB 8800GTS lying around).
 
due to vista driver architecture you can not install 2 different wdm drivers. So can't mix ati/nvidia cards
 
Back
Top