ATI to save AMD?

Ace123

Anal Rooter
With all the *lack luster* reviews on AMDs phenom processors. I wont say bad simply because the processor still performs, just not as well as a processor that has been at market for a period of time, and already recieved a few revision changes.
Not making excuses for AMD because they were 9 months late with this release, while still releasing a product that contains bugs.

On the graphics side of things, its a much different story.
There has been alot of buzz around about ATI's newly released HD 3xxx series cards, Namely the 3850 and the 3870. While being the same core, the biggest difference between these cards seems to be clock speed.

Since their release we have seen that, unlike the original crossfire solution, the cards scale VERY well under crossfire, almost offering another 100% increase in performance.

That being said, we've also seen the upcoming quadfire crossfire solution, as well as a 3870 dual GPU card, also offered in crossfire. While the dual GPU cards dont seem to have two crossfire bridges to allow quadfire, it seems 4 gpus at this point is the maximum solution.

That being said, can ATI save AMD?
Will you buy AMD just to have quadfire?

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/593/1/

Perhaps, but remember that AMD is a larger company and therefore if they have losses rather than gains then ATi needs to have an AMAZING quarter in order to make up for those losses which may lead ATi employees to wonder if this was a good idea to begin with. Also, im afraid to ask how much power 4 of those cards would use.... and the NOISE! :eek:

Perhaps, but remember that AMD is a larger company and therefore if they have losses rather than gains then ATi needs to have an AMAZING quarter in order to make up for those losses which may lead ATi employees to wonder if this was a good idea to begin with. Also, im afraid to ask how much power 4 of those cards would use.... and the NOISE! :eek:

I'm sure if you can afford to actually buy 4 of those cards, you're probably rich enough to afford water cooling for all 4 as well.

At this moment ATI is AMDs saving grace for this winter season. AMD needs to rethink its CPU strategy inho. I'm not hearing to many good reviews about phenom compared to peryn.

Back