• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI Tech Support

Brusher

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 5, 2005
Messages
82
I'm thinking of buying an ATI AIW X800XT from Newegg. They're quite a bit cheaper than buying them from ATI. My question is, would I be giving up the privilage to have access to their support team via telephone? I have always thought their support was great. If I had to forfit that because of buying at Newegg, or Ebay, then I would just soon spend the extra bucks and buy it from ATI directly.

Thanks for any help.
 
If the card is build by ati yes, just dont forget to register your card on ati.com

oldmx
 
Thanks OldMX. Think I'm gonna grab one from Newegg then. 329.00 as opposed to 399.00 from ATI.
 
I posted my question without reading the other threads about the delima that ATI is in at the moment. I honestly didn't know anything about ATI's probs until just a few minutes ago.

Now, after reading them, I'm wondering if there will be any tech support from ATI at all. I hope they get it together because they have put out some really bad a$$ cards. I was looking forward to the new R520, and ATI to continue improving on AGP as well as new and improved TV tuners, vid in, vid out, etc, which I use a great deal. I hope they get this worked out sooner than later.

But just in case, does anyone else besides ATI put out a quality video card with a quality TV tuner on board that would rival ATI, without relying on ATI technology?
 
You will get support. Just make sure it isnt a peace of shit OEM card.
 
Back
Top