ATI Stream SDK v2.01 with OpenCLT Support

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD just released the new ATI Stream SDK v2.01. According to the company, version 2.01 with OpenCLT support is an update to ATI Stream SDK v2.0 which was released late last year.

ATI Stream technology is a set of advanced hardware and software technologies that enable AMD graphics processors (GPU), working in concert with the system’s central processor (CPU), to accelerate many applications beyond just graphics. This enables better balanced platforms capable of running demanding computing tasks faster than ever.

openCLT? Seriously is that the best name they could come up with? So many jokes...

Now this is some exciting news out of the ATI camp. I can't wait to see who and what they can get to work with the new Stream with OpenCL.

Is Open CLT a kind of Physx alternative ?
How can I run a demo to see Open Cl in action ?

I think you must have Visual Studio but I am not a programmer. Just want to see a demo running on my ATI 4870 x2. Can I do that with ATI Stream SDK package? Thanks

Is Open CLT a kind of Physx alternative ?
How can I run a demo to see Open Cl in action ?

I think you must have Visual Studio but I am not a programmer. Just want to see a demo running on my ATI 4870 x2. Can I do that with ATI Stream SDK package? Thanks

OpenCL is bit like CUDA from what I understand. It is an open standard for doing GPGPU applications and could be used as a backbone for physics engines as well I am sure. There should be some information on ATI's site concerning what applications work with the Stream package. SDK is a developer's kit, it is put out there so programmers can develop applications to work with Stream and the OpenCL. To find out more about what you can do with stream, I would suggest visiting AMD's Stream site:

http://www.amd.com/US/PRODUCTS/TECHNOLOGIES/STREAM-TECHNOLOGY/Pages/stream-technology.aspx

There are apparently some games that utilize Stream as well, but I haven't found verification for it yet. There should be some information out there however.

Back