ATI Silencer RMA with Jab-tech issue...

Booby McNipples

[H]ard|Gawd
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but Jab-tech charged me a 15% restocking fee when I returned my ATi Silencer because of a defective fan and I think that's wrong, mmkay? I told them I didn't want a refund or replacement but that I would rather have the Zalman cooler instead. Check it out:

Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2005 10:29 PM
To: 'RMA - Jab-tech'
Subject: RE: Jab-tech RMA

You restock defective parts? I returned it because the fan was defective and I wanted a replacement, not a refund (albeit not the same cooler, but I planned on purchasing the Zalman cooler from you). If you are going to charge me a 15% restocking fee for a defective part than just go ahead and refund my money and I'll shop somewhere else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2005 8:46 PM
To: Jeremey
Subject: Re: Jab-tech RMA

15% restocking fee as stated on the form.

----- Original Message -----
To: 'RMA - Jab-tech'
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2005 10:20 PM
Subject: RE: Jab-tech RMA

Ok, but why is the credit for 24.76 and not 27.95 (the original purchase price)? - Jeremey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2005 2:37 PM
To: Jeremey
Subject: Jab-tech RMA

Dear Sir

Please accept my apologies for the delay in processing your RMA.

I have set a coupon code "jeremeysmith@ade " to receive $24.76 off a future purchase.

Billie Jo
www.jab-tech.com

I read their terms and policies but I don't see where it says they can charge 15% restocking for a replacement due to defect, only on refunds. Whatchoo all think?

See here's the reason why they're charging you a restocking fee. Because you're essentially returning the one product and buying another, reguardless to why you're returning it, then there should be a restocking fee. You're not asking for a replacement, you're asking to return the one product, and buy another, the fee should stand. Now if you were to actually want the exact same thing to replace the defective one, then they should not charge you a restocking fee. This company is doing exactly what they should be doing. If you want to change your order, deal with the restocking fee because anywhere else you go will probalby do the same thing if they have a restocking fee.

^^^^

That is how I read it also. I don't see the problem.

Here is the response from Jab-tech:

"Unfortunatly we do restock issue restock fee's, we could have got you a replacement unit direct from the manufacturer."

So now I understand that an exact replacement would come directly from the manufacturer and that that's how all the companies do it (because of the warranty). Could Jab-tech have mentioned that fact when I made my initial request to swap for the other cooler? Yes. Did they have to mention it? No, it supposedly is covered in the Terms and Policies statement BUT it is not made clear.

So I said OK and asked how to use the coupon code but they said they had already refunded my money so that was the end of that. I guess it's better that way because I ordered the Zalman VF 700 Cu from ZZF for 3 dollars less than Jab-tech.

Back