• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

ATI, Sapphire, HIS?

coconut

n00b
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
6
At newegg.com, there are ATI selling their own video card, but also Sapphire, HIS, etc. that sells the same card "Made by ATI".

Those that are by Sapphire, etc. have a lower price than by ATI. What is the difference and what can I expect from them? crapper quality? or is it more expensive because I'm just buying the brand?
 
Most of the lower priced ones are probably OEM so it just comes with the card and maybe a driver cd and if your luck some cables. no retail box.

As for the brands, they are all the same, it is really up to you if you need a BBA card or are happy with sapphire, powercolor, HIS, connect3D, etc. I would say get the cheapest one because they are all pretty much the same. I would chose sapphire, powercolor and connect3D since they are very close partners of ATI.
 
I prefer Sapphire because I've always had a good experience with them. Also, Sapphire is the company that released the PE BIOS for the X1800XT. :)
 
I don't know if it's still the case, but Sapphire used to actually manufacture the Built By ATI cards. Owned 3 Sapphire cards, and 3 BBA. The only problem I had was the dying 9800 that everyone else had at the same time.
 
Back
Top