ATI rendering question.

Majeztik12

Limp Gawd
"TruForm" or whatever it was called...is it still supported with the new ATI VPUs ? Are there any current developers that even use it? I only remember RTCW suppoting it. Thanks.

Majeztik12 said:
"TruForm" or whatever it was called...is it still supported with the new ATI VPUs ? Are there any current developers that even use it? I only remember RTCW suppoting it. Thanks.
It's been mostly in software since the 8500s, might (probably) have been taken out of the X1Ks entirely.

We won't ever know, since the Cat 5.9s don't support the X1Ks, and the Cat 5.9s where the last driver that had Trufom in it - it's been removed from all subsequent drivers (not just the option - removed entirely, even tweaker programs can't bring it back).

It was in the original half life. There was a command for it. I know my x800 supports it but it tears my framerate in half (because of software rendering). It just makes some of the faces of the people look more realistic by adding more polygons I think (so they don't look so squared. Not exactly sure how it works but sometimes it make things look really fat or grossly enlarged. I remember only very few games actually supporting it but you can still check it out on HL. I'll find it for ya and repost.

Oh the drivers removed truform? Hmm. Interesting, there isn't an option for it, you're right.

Back