ATI Radeon HD 4900 Rumors

I would if i could find them...ATI subforums are usually overwhelmed with I CANT INSTALL CCC WAH WAH WAH or something or other.

well then

meet at least 1. ME.

No issue whatso ever.

I even run Folding @ home GPU2 against my nice, new Diamond 4870 x2. No issues whatso ever :)

So still no answer if there will be a refresh for the 4870x2 ? A 4970x2 in March ? And then the full blown next generation 5870x2 not until Summer ?

Rumor is that the 40nm RV740 is more than just a refresh of the RV730/735... it's going to be 128-bit with GDDR5 (effectively 256-bit) for a "budget" card with a SP count supposedly closer to a 4850 than a 4650. If true, we might be seeing the replacement for the 4850/4830.

RV790 is still a mystery though - some say it's still 55nm, but on a better process for more clocks and more shader's and TMU's. Others say its the 40nm refresh of the RV770, and will be around until RV870 or whatever hits in the second half of the year.

Either way, this competition is amazing, and AMD really has set a new standard for GPU pricing!

How much do you think the 4900 will be? I was thinking about getting a 4870 1gb soon, should I wait?

I would say +1 to ati's recent performance gains, that being said +10 for ati drivers being glitchy as all hell. Recently tried out the 4850x2 and had to rma it cause the drivers are buggy as crap and cause instability crashes and just wouldn't work most of the time in 3d mode. That being said if ati focused more attention on driver stability we wouldn't see hardly any complaints and they'd have an easier time of holding the market. I would of possibly been secured as an ati fanboi if not for the fact that i've never had a driver issue with nvidia cards even when hot off the press (end rant). Sorry, ye i can't wait for the 5870's and gt300 DX11 FTW.

I have a 4850x2 and have yet to have any problems. Both in XP pro and Win7 64-bit. ATi's drivers do not work for it, only Sapphire's will.

Although the 4900's intrigues me, I will not be getting another Video card for a long time.

Only issue I've ever seen with the ATI CCC was the use of .Net 2.0 (Didnt have it installed; rejected installation)

Alot of Windows XP users never installed it in the first place.

Comes default with Vista last I checked tho.

You folks are silly, silly. I have no problems with my 4870. No funny graphics, no overheating, ect. Maxes out most of the games with the exception of crysis. :)

rumors,speculation, meh.

Go away you nerdy no life ATI-haters. It's not like 95% of Vista's crashes were due to nVidia drivers, oh wait. THEY WERE!

NOW STFU!!! AHHHH.

Back