ATI Radeon 9800SE tweaking

DakSLT2000

n00b
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
20
Hey guys, I have a ATI Radeon 9800SE if you couldn't guess, and I downloaded the Omega 3.10 drivers the other night and have it running fairly well. On 3dmark2001 it got 12289. My question is this: There is the AGP clock speed that can be set at off, 4x and 8x. Everytime I set it at 4 or 8x and I reset the computer it doesnt hold the setting. Is there something else I am supose to do to get it to hold?? Thanks
--Steve
 
Do you have the latest drivers for your motherboard? I remember once I had to install them before I could change that. May be wrong.
 
No, I don't have the updated drivers for my motherboard. Since my computer threw one heck of a fit about 2 weeks ago I was going to wait untill my spring break to update it.
 
are you doing the 9800se to 9800 softmod? I did that with my Powercolor Radeon 9800se and it gave a big performance boost.
 
but you said you flashed the bios, I just used the omega drivers to do the softmod, there is no flashing required. If you get your card back to a working status, you might want to try that.
 
Back
Top