ati radeon 9550 problem

aces170

Limp Gawd
i have a friend who is facing a problem.he has p4 1.9Ghz,256 mb ddr ram,club 3d ATI 9550 (non-se) 256 mbvram.i installed nfs underground the game is not smooth like it keeps on stuttering it works smoothly for 10 seconds and then ther is a sudden drop in fps for a couple of seconds this keeps on going on.i installed quake 3 and i am facing the same problem.i tried catalyst 4.10,4.2 and latest omega drivers.i also tried disabling fastwrites but no difference.
when i press ctrl-alt-del swchost is running.i tried to end the task and play but no difference.could that be causing a problem ? he has win xp sp2 OS.

I would make sure that he has the correct motherboard chipset drivers installed first....and then go from there.
Try different driver versions. Try turning fastwrites on/off. Etc.

nfs:u is a pretty demanding game and 9550 isnt the best card around try lowering the settings frist

nfsu is demanding but not quake 3 i am facing same problem in quake 3 also i tried lowering the setting to 640*480 all settings low.

ok got me there then yea try new drivers and up date the mobo drivers too

i have already tried catalyst drivers 4.2, 4.10 and also omega drivers have not tried updating mobo drivers will try that

Isn't the 9550 slower than a 9600LESEPOS 256Mb which is about the same as a 9100Pro?

But after that, it sounds like something else is broken.

Elios said:
yea 9550 is the slowest of the DX9 cards
Slower than even the 9600SE? That card is horrendously slow, with it's 64-bit memory interface. Most 9550 cards have a 128-bit interface, no?

Back