ATi + nVIDIA under Vista x64

ElMoIsEviL

Gawd
Is it possible to run both an ATi 4870X2 and an nVIDIA 9600GT in the same system with each respective driver under Vista x64?

The reason I ask is because I'd like to use an Asus 9600GT 512MB silent as a Physx accelerator (come next year) and also to fold while using the 4870X2 as the graphics card.

Any ideas if they'll work together?

Is it possible

Nope. Mainly a vista issue not allowing multiple different video drivers.

Only way to get PhysX with ATi at the moment is with an older Ageia PPU.

Have you tried folding on the 4870x2? I fold on my 4850's sometimes, though it is a pain to disable and re-enable crossfire all the time I'm sure there is a utility somewhere to make it easier.

Gotnorice.. you might want to upgrade that power supply.. all that gear consumes around 750W on peak load.

Your PSU is probably struggling and may fail on you. Just a thought.

Gotnorice.. you might want to upgrade that power supply.. all that gear consumes around 750W on peak load.

Perhaps. I have it hooked up to a Kill-a-watt meter and it pulls 283-300 idle, 380-450 while in a game. If I run Prime95 I'll pull 450 just off the CPU, so if there was a game that used all 4 cores and both cards I might be looking at 500+ and that is still unknown territory... but so far everything has been very stable.

how do you come up with 750watts? I don't come up with anywhere near that.

To the OP's question:

Nope.

To this guy:

Nope.

Back