ATI + Nvidia card in one computer?

Jinto

[H]ard|Gawd
Iv been trying to get a X1800XT and a 6200LE to work under Vista 32bit and so far Iv had no luck whatsoever. Theoretically it should be possible if the drivers are installed but not the software that comes with the cards. In my case the X1800XT being the primary installs fine but the 6200LE always gives an incompatible video driver and windows has been forced to disable it error. Has anyone done something similar? The board is a Asus P5B Premium if that makes any difference. Any helpe will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would just find a good cheap ATI pci card and sell that 6200. Much easier to deal with one set of drivers.

The Vista driver model requires that all video cards use the same driver, so mixing video card manufacturers under Vista won't work. You'll have to revert to XP if you want to use that setup.

lol thanks for the info. I was stumped since Iv ran ATI with Nvidia before in XP and that explains why it doesnt work now. Anyway Im just going to pick up a cheap X1600XT from Ebay i guess. Not worth the trouble. Thanks.

Yeah, it's not a smart idea to be using two totally different makes of graphics card in one system, your just asking for trouble.

Back