- Joined
- Jul 11, 2001
- Messages
- 12,829
I use three monitors right now, in a configuration like this:
This is how they are setup on my desk, with one 17" to the side of my 24" and another 17" on top.
Randomly throughout the day the display configuration will automatically reset back to this:
I have to go and re-adjust it back to the proper configuration.
Any ideas why it is automatically resetting positions?
I'm actually not sure if this is an ATI issue or a Windows 7 issue.
The only thing that is a bit odd about my setup is that I have 4850's in crossfire but those only power my primary monitor (mainly due to idle clock bios issues which prevent overclocking on the 4850's when they are powering more than one monitor). The 2nd and 3rd monitors are powered by a x1300 PCI card. Since you can have multiple video drivers in Windows7, the x1300 is installed using the Catalyst 9.8 legacy drivers (newest for that card) while my 4850's are installed with Catalyst 9.9.
This is how they are setup on my desk, with one 17" to the side of my 24" and another 17" on top.
Randomly throughout the day the display configuration will automatically reset back to this:
I have to go and re-adjust it back to the proper configuration.
Any ideas why it is automatically resetting positions?
I'm actually not sure if this is an ATI issue or a Windows 7 issue.
The only thing that is a bit odd about my setup is that I have 4850's in crossfire but those only power my primary monitor (mainly due to idle clock bios issues which prevent overclocking on the 4850's when they are powering more than one monitor). The 2nd and 3rd monitors are powered by a x1300 PCI card. Since you can have multiple video drivers in Windows7, the x1300 is installed using the Catalyst 9.8 legacy drivers (newest for that card) while my 4850's are installed with Catalyst 9.9.