• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

ATI mobiles

UnlimitedMP

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
1,946
Hi. Which is better? 9600 Pro Turbo Mobile 128 mb or the 9700 Mobile 64 mb?

I'm assuming the 9600 b/c of the extra 64mbs. How much of a difference in performance is there between the two?
 
If it's anything like the desktop variants, the 9600 has 4 pipelines and a 128bit interface while the 9700 totes 8 pipelines and a 256 bit interface
 
9700 does not have 8 pipelines, it's more or less a 9600pro in a laptop (performance wise). If your gaming go with the 9600, the extra memory is important for many new games.
 
Actually I'm pretty sure some Mobility 9700's do have 8 pipelines. However, I have no proof, and I could be getting confused in my old age.
 
Nope, none of the mobility 9700's have 8 pipes, none have a 256-bit memory interface either. Mobility 9700's are 4 pipes with 128-bit or even 64-bit memory.

The mobility 9800 has 8 pipes and a 256-bit memory interface.

The mobile 9700 is essentially an overclocked mobile 9600, they do tend to overclock *really* well though, and are supposed to consume a tiny bit less power at idle.
 
The Mobile 9700's are similar to the 9600 mobile series, except the have low K and are clocked higher. At least 390+mhz for the core and 200+ for the mem. I'm quite happy with the performance in my notebook.
11,222 In 3Dmark2001
3200 3Dmark2003
1196 3dmark2005

Now there is a mobile 9800 and it is available in dells, however those notebook/laptops get rather heavy. If your looking for a slim and portable notebook(Mine is 6lbs 1.3in) the MR9700 should do you fine.
 
Back
Top