ATI IXP150 compatibility

sappyse107

Limp Gawd
I can't find anything for the ATI chipset and ram compatibility. I am not looking for overclocking, just the cheapest 1 gb module that will work on the SY-P4RC350 without causing lockups.

god damn! Here it is a year later and I still need to know what ram for this stupid MB. I need a faster processor for some engine simulation software. I do a search for IXP150 in this section and apparently im the only one on the hardocp that has this board, chipset, and question.

Please, for the love of whatever entity you worship, help me out!

Do you need 1 gb total? You could go 2x512mb sticks. Any will do. Your board also supports 2x1gb sticks also. Just make sure you don't use any of that super high density stuff that is from some of the ebay sellers. I looked around a bunch on google and in your manual and no where did it say "use these sticks from this manufacturer", but I would think that these should work http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145579 . Just need two sticks of DDR400 so you get the dual channel enable and I'd think it would work. I think you are just going to have to give something a try. Run Memtest once they are installed and hope no errors come back.

I tried to help.

the IXP150? doesn't your mobo have a list of supported ram? it's ddr right? it should take just about any ddr that's on the market then ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145560

Thats what I ended up getting. Thanks for the replies:) I would have liked 2 gig but 1 gig is more than I have now (im currently using a dual 733 P3 server setup with 512 meg PC600).

I wanted to go with 1 gb sticks for sure but when I compared latency, this stick seemed like a good one to start with. I don't game or anything, other than emulators:p Mostly used for dvd work and now dynomation engine simulation software. Im excited. P4 3.0E Ghz and a 250 gig HD, hell of an upgrade over what I got now!

This board doesn't support DDR2 and I think I read that both DIMMS are on the same channel. I just know its been collecting dust for a year.

Back