Ati is dumb !

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberJunk

Supreme [H]ardness
god ! ATI is so fucken dumb ! i just installed the 9.4 drivers today after doing a complete uninstall and driver clean from 9.3. So i load into windows and i get a message can't find ati driver or card is not functioning properly. So i go into my device manager and right click select update driver and i point it to my ati folder on my harddrive and what ya know !
my Drivers work now ! What a much of idiots they can't even make it so it reconizes there own folder paths ??? WTF ! oh by the way i have crossfire 4850 and running vista 64bit home premium

Your problem is probably that you did a complete uninstall and driver clean. ATI has recommended installing over the top of the old drivers for quite some time now.

Well that kind of turned around on you.

I installed over the old ones like ATI says, and I had no problems. How can ATI be the stupid one when they gave you working instructions and you didn't bother reading them?

Your problem is probably that you did a complete uninstall and driver clean. ATI has recommended installing over the top of the old drivers for quite some time now.
If that's the case what about a new build? I don't see any reason why a driver installer can't automatically install the hardware for you. Almost every other piece of driver software does. I havn't had to manually update drivers in years except for a couple times I was rolling back drivers manually for troubleshooting.

OP is smarter than a whole AMD/ATI department! *sarcasm*
Go cry somewhere else kid. This is not the place.

That's a convenience recommendation, not a functional one... i.e. it's not required. Under no case should it ever fail like that. There's no excuse.

People can't be expected to read the "readme" just for special instructions for their software that contradict the normal driver/software installation methodology.

Sorry, but you didn't do install a driver in a right way. My friend had no problem installed the latest driver.

That's a convenience recommendation, not a functional one... i.e. it's not required. Under no case should it ever fail like that. There's no excuse.

People can't be expected to read the "readme" just for special instructions for their software that contradict the normal driver/software installation methodology.

Well then why do companies even put a "read me" file there ?

Bottom line is ATI put it there and even marked it "read me" so you would..uhh..read it.

Hmm seems like common sense, no ?

oh by the way i have crossfire 4850 and running vista 64bit home premium

Restart it and see if it still sees crossfire. I'm guessing you got code 43 and still get it upon reboot, there is a hotfix for it. I've got it on my 4870x2, but I havn't got a chance to try it.

Well then why do companies even put a "read me" file there ?

Bottom line is ATI put it there and even marked it "read me" so you would..uhh..read it.

Hmm seems like common sense, no ?

As I said it's for convenience. There is no difference between that an fully uninstalling then reinstalling if the installer is written properly. Nice try though.

I am a thread troll and i come to piss on you!!! Piss Piss!!!

OP, learn to read and spell then work on your complaining techniques :D

umm.. normal driver/software installing methodology is not to uninstall and than driver cleaner. That's something NEEDED with nVIDIA cards. This is beyond normal.

What bugs me is that you can go from ATi to nVIDIA with a simple catalyst uninstall and than Forceware install but can't go nVIDIA to ATi without driver cleaner and in many cases O/S reinstall.

umm.. normal driver/software installing methodology is not to uninstall and than driver cleaner. That's something NEEDED with nVIDIA cards. This is beyond normal.

What bugs me is that you can go from ATi to nVIDIA with a simple catalyst uninstall and than Forceware install but can't go nVIDIA to ATi without driver cleaner and in many cases O/S reinstall.

*cough* bullshit *cough*

Both uninstallers work perfectly fine. I've gone back and forth without any of these garbage "driver cleaner" programs (that are completely unnecessary) literally thousands of times.

No problems installing the new 9.4 drivers.

Yes I did do a real "clean" install.

It's not hard to do.

Maby it's becaue I'm using XP 32 bit.

Not sure.

In any case I'll take a fresh new clean install any day of the week. I've noticed much better peformance increases when I do clean installs. Plus it feels good to have a clean install and it's not hard to do.

I have found that with UAC enabled there are installation issues with ATi drivers. With it off there is not. Maybe the OP has UAC on?

I guess there are always a lot of factors but here's how it went for me:

1. Uninstall Nvidia Drivers, PhysX, and Ntune
2. Turn the PC off
3. Pop in Radeon HD4890
4. Install Cat 9.4 drivers
5. Reboot
6. Things are great.

Notes:
1. No I didn't run any sort of "driver cleaner", search the registry for Nvidia entries, blah blah
2. Yes, I have the UAC turned on at the default level for Windows Vista
3. No I did not disable my Antivirus software when installing the drivers.

I don't know, things are ok in my world.

god ! ATI is so fucken dumb ! i just installed the 9.4 drivers today after doing a complete uninstall and driver clean from 9.3. So i load into windows and i get a message can't find ati driver or card is not functioning properly. So i go into my device manager and right click select update driver and i point it to my ati folder on my harddrive and what ya know !
my Drivers work now ! What a much of idiots they can't even make it so it reconizes there own folder paths ??? WTF ! oh by the way i have crossfire 4850 and running vista 64bit home premium

I gotta say I'm disappointed at the ATI engineers for being dumb according to *you* judgung from your spelling,grammar and punctuation skills.

Where does it say this? I can't seem to find it.

I usually post a reason when I close a thread, but I think it's already obvious enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back