• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI + HDTV?

Jakalwarrior

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 6, 2005
Messages
3,189
I haven't heard anyone else complaining so it must just be me but... when I play games I often find that 1920x1080 doesn't fill the screen or has black bars. TV is on just scan. Anyone else have this issue and fix it? Is there some simple minor setting I am missing? for instance Kings Bounty has bars on the left and right. Stalker CS has bars all around. Etc... I often have to jump to a resolution like 1600x1200 or 1440x900 or some other resolution and then it scales it up to the screen size.
 
Check your over-scan option in the drivers. It should be at 0%.This is with HDMI in my case.
 
Yes it is probably your overscan setting. Same thing happened to me when I hooked up to my TV.
 
Overscan is at 0. It does any desktop resolution fine. It is when I start gaming. About half of my games fudge up the scaling. Maybe it is just the games being screwed up? anywho Stalker CS for instance. If I set it at 1920x1080 there are black bars all around. 1700x1000 same thing. 1680x1050 it scales to full panel. 1440x900 full panel. 1200x720 full panel. Etc..

Some googling says some people think it is related to DX10 reverting to the default scanning option?
 
Back
Top