Ati HDTV Experience and Screen Shots

No remote wonder 2. :( I will post that full res pic when I get back from the game.

Where did you get yours? I searched all the brick and mortar locations near me today and only found displays but no actual boxes.

hey Orion, how is the PVR function of the card? also, how is the quality on regular cable? I had a 9800 AIW and I sold it b/c the software sucked and always crashed, I'm hoping they have improved since then

edit: If anyone want to buy a remote wonder 2, I just so happen to have one, PM me if you want it

does the antenna have to be put outside or does it work indoors as well?

I recently installed this ati hdtv wonder and its pretty sweet , only problem for me is I cant get more than 4 DTV stations with the included antenna, it wont even pick up CBS but the manual mentions using a powered antenna for best results..so ill have to get one.. Im getting 92% signal strength on NBC so at least I can watch the Olympics in HD for now :)

heres a few screencaps I took (click for fullsize)

jrw said:
I recently installed this ati hdtv wonder and its pretty sweet , only problem for me is I cant get more than 4 DTV stations with the included antenna, it wont even pick up CBS but the manual mentions using a powered antenna for best results..so ill have to get one.. Im getting 92% signal strength on NBC so at least I can watch the Olympics in HD for now :)

It matters what part of the country you life in. Go to Turks website and I think they have a utility to help you point the antenna. Here in Los Angeles, I get 8 HDTV broadcasts and they all work pretty good. Channel 7 leaves something to be desired.

damn, it shows i cant get FOX in HDTV, i want to watch the simpsons in really good quality:(

You got it right the first time, watch football, the rest is nothing good to watch.

nomar said:
Also, is this true hardware decoding for MPEG2 or is it still ATI's pseudo hardware decoding?

No, it not hardware decoding. The HDTV Wonder uses your CPU for decoding (and maybe the GPU DXVA assist?), like the DVICO Fusion III card. The card is basically an HDTV tuner/demodulator.

Here are some shots from the Hawaian Tropic Bikini Comp, in HD of course. Capped through firewire.

I bought one and hooked it up but I only get like 2 channels in HD. Im watching the NBC Athens Olympics and I'll post some pics too.

hey Orion, how is the PVR function of the card? also, how is the quality on regular cable? I had a 9800 AIW and I sold it b/c the software sucked and always crashed, I'm hoping they have improved since then

EnderW said:
I havent hooked up my regular cable to it because I use DISH. It is pretty sweet being able to rewind and rewatch anything. I havent found any settings for it or even how to turn it off, it just works. I havent been able to figure out much about exporting clips, but I will let you know when I mess with it.

Is it normal to see 'pixelation' during fast movement? I see it sometimes while watching the olympics.

Back