• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI Goes out

Status
Not open for further replies.

pArTy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
433
What if ATI goes out of bussiness? It would blow huge time because than Nvidia wont have any competition and they wont release newer cards as fast. Hopfully ATI realeases there R520 soon.
 
ati isnt going anywhere. the entire market isnt made of high end graphics cards, you know
 
WTF stop posting shit like this. This is getting goddam rediculous. ATI is not going out of business. The R520 is going to kick the 7800's ass.
 
One time I said seven
Without permission too

One time I said seven
I said it to my shoe

And when I go shopping
the cashier likes to say

"Zinn likes to say seven--
he says it every day!"

It's true that saying seven
On a random Tuesday night

Might seem a task so daunting to a few
But that is quite alright

So come on happy people
sing a song and dance around (the words are:

One time I said seven
Without permission too

One time I said seven
I said it to my shoe

I speak many a language
So you should say to me:

"Une fois j'ai dit sept,
sans permission aussi!")
 
Lestang said:
WTF stop posting shit like this. This is getting goddam rediculous. ATI is not going out of business. The R520 is going to kick the 7800's ass.
From the sounds of ATI there not even sure if it will kick the 7800s ass.
 
Instead of making a new thread couldn't you have just posted this worthless shit in one of the other useless anti-ATi threads?
 
Lestang said:
WTF stop posting shit like this. This is getting goddam rediculous. ATI is not going out of business. The R520 is going to kick the 7800's ass.

Not according to ATi's CEO it isn't...

...just speculation of course
 
Mister E said:
Instead of making a new thread couldn't you have just posted this worthless shit in one of the other useless anti-ATi threads?
Who said this was anti-ATI? Just look at the facts. I own all ATI cards right now.
 
pArTy said:
What if ATI goes out of bussiness? It would blow huge time because than Nvidia wont have any competition and they wont release newer cards as fast. Hopfully ATI realeases there R520 soon.

Would it? Perhaps it would slow the progression of new cards, or perhaps not. In my opinion, if they had a select number of cards out for a longer period of time, it would allow Game developers to get with it.

They all basically don't do to much work at optimizing their code to the max for the current gen. After all, if you code to where you need a slightly more performing product, sooner or later someone will produce it right. So why clean up code for vertex shaders and pixel shaders when you can get sloppy and just expect everyone to buy the next gen.

Seriously, I see games being produced now for DirectX 8.1 that rock, it took them time to get that good at squeezing the quality out. I'd like the same delta of quality squeezed from DirectX 9.0c before I upgrade my card again.

But, not to worry, if ATI does go out of business, Matrox will surely return to fill the now vacant void :p
 
Lestang said:
WTF stop posting shit like this. This is getting goddam rediculous. ATI is not going out of business. The R520 is going to kick the 7800's ass.


the kick is not strong enough to make an impression! go read the news!
 
Ah.......
I remember my Matrox Millenium fondly.
It was supposed to be a 3D card.
It was not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top