• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI External Event Utlity service needed???

DaddyDC650

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
311
Do I need to have this service running? I love disabling all of the useless services for gaming purposes. Anyone?
 
I think it's in charge of downclocking the card when not in 3D mode. So it can be useful but you can kill it if you want to.
 
I think it's in charge of downclocking the card when not in 3D mode. So it can be useful but you can kill it if you want to.
I don't think it has anything to do with downclocking the card when not in 3d mode because as I type this, it's downclocked. My overclocked settings are still there as well.
 
I keep external event utility on my laptop because it enables me to close the lid to shutoff the monitor w/o going to standby when I have it folding or running something. I have Vista set to do nothing when lid is shut on plugged in. With External event is off on the laptop, shutting the lid leaves the monitor on under the same power config.

I have it off on my desktop.
 
I keep external event utility on my laptop because it enables me to close the lid to shutoff the monitor w/o going to standby when I have it folding or running something. I have Vista set to do nothing when lid is shut on plugged in. With External event is off on the laptop, shutting the lid leaves the monitor on under the same power config.

I have it off on my desktop.
Disabled is the way to go for me then. Thanks.
 
Back
Top