ATI drivers why????

alphaqforever247

[H]ard|Gawd
When getting ati drivers u need to that microsoft.net framework. i really dislike it cause when i install that when u sign on into window u have too choose a user account and i dont like that i jusss like turning on my computer and it goes staight to windows. aslo when ever u go to screen saver mode and use ur computer again u have to click on ur user name to get back in its annoying. is there ne way too disable this???

Start --> Run --> "control userpasswords2"
Uncheck "users must enter a password blah blah blah"

no more login screen.

Or you can just delete the .Net profile under user profiles in the control panel like I do and it will boot straight to windows like it used to.

contaminant said:
Or don't use .NET. It's only needed for the CCC, not the drivers themselves.

.net does not effect performance, it actually makes some applications run faster. But...It does load more files on bootup, so the boot time increases a little and it does use a little more memory as well.

All in all, I see the CCC as more of a problem than .net.

Truth is, CCC sucks! Thats why I use control panel with my x1900xtx. The overdrive of the control panel sucks though...it does not allow custom overclocking over stock settings. I use a combination of the control panel and ATITools, as long as you use overdrive to set voltages correctly in 3d mode. Of course you can set voltages high all the time in a tools profile, but that just seems stupid to have 3D heat from the card when not in a 3D application.

Back