• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI drivers messed up my system?

Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
13
Ok, so I just bought a 9500pro. I had a ti4200. I read on here that I should uninstall my Nvidia display drivers, then boot in safemode and run drivercleaner for Nvidia. Then it says I should take her down and swap cards and install ATI drivers. I did this word for word. Now my system won't load anything that was supposed to load on startup. Example, Norton Antivirus won't load on startup and when I run it, it minimizes to the taskbar and not to the system tray. My mobo monitor runs if you open it manually and minimizes to the system tray just fine. Gaim opens up in the system tray just fine. Also I had a language toolbar that was added to my taskbar that is now gone. Also I have A7N8X-Deluxe and it used a 3Com ethernet chip. That used to load a graphic and such at startup since the very first boot.
Now I loaded the latest driver from ATIs webpage. I have reinstalled Norton and that had no effect. It also comes up clean for viruses. Anyone know what has happened and can help me fix this? In truth nothing is actually wrong, I'd just have to manually load all my software everytime, and run some things in the taskbar instead of the tray.
I also installed Rage3D tweak after all the video card drivers were in, and I think the problem existed before the Rage3D tweaker was installedl.

AMD Barton 3000
A7N8X-Deluxe
ATI 9500 Pro (not sure what manufacturer, if you have advice on how to figure this out that'd be good too)

PS. oh and my MX700 cruise buttons now cruise much more slowly.

Edit: I realize that this is a bunch or really random things, but I swear it's all happening.
 
To avoid problems like you're describing lots of gamers format theirs systems when switching video card brands. That's what I recommend.
 
To tell you the truth I was weary of problems during the switch, so what did I do? I came to the greatest source of hardware knowledge that I know of, here. Then I read the FAQ because I know people hate repetitive questions. Then I did what it recommended, word for word. It even mentions that formating is not necessary. Now I'm borked and I have to find a harddrive to put all my stuff on. Is the FAQ correct?
 
You might have "cleaned" out your N-force 2 drivers too, you might have to go to Asus and get them(or Nvidia).
 
Back
Top