ATI drivers and cpu usage

ALL4AMD

I Go to Court for Fun.
2FA
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
7,080
I remeber that there was a trick with 9.4 or something drivers so that when folding it didn't suck down so much CPU but I was wondering has there been any fixes in the newer drivers so that i can upgrade?

 
I use these environment variables and they work great.

BROOK_YIELD 2
CAL_NO_FLUSH 1
FLUSH_INTERVAL 64
CAL_PRE_FLUSH 1

 
Thats what im talking about but im wondering if it works with the newer drivers?

 
Yes, it works with newer drivers. I used a FLUSH_INTERVAL of 128 with my 4870 and found that to work the best. For 4850s, you should use 96.
 
I have experimented a bit using Ati environment variables with my two HD3850 cards. I can't say I have noticed much if any improvements although a few of these settings seemed to hurt performance substantially. Anyone know which ones I should use with older 3000-series cards if any at all?
 
I have experimented a bit using Ati environment variables with my two HD3850 cards. I can't say I have noticed much if any improvements although a few of these settings seemed to hurt performance substantially. Anyone know which ones I should use with older 3000-series cards if any at all?
BROOK_YIELD is the one that should take care of the CPU usage problem. The other three are mainly to get back any performance that might be lost as a result of the BROOK_YIELD setting.
 
ok just upgrading the drivers did not modify the settings b4, I used:

BROOK_YIELD 2
CAL_NO_FLUSH 1
FLUSH_INTERVAL 96
CAL_PRE_FLUSH 1

 
Back
Top