• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI Driver on Windows Update?

DeaconFrost

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
11,610
I currently have the Catalyst 9.9 drivers installed and running on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. However, I keep seeing drivers on Windows Update with a date of 9/30/2009. Are these some kind of incremental update after 9.9? The dates are later, but I see no mention of them on ATI's site. Has anyone installed these after 9.9?
 
They're 9.7. Please ignore them. In fact, right-click on it and tell it "Ignore Update".
 
I second that opinion. Ignore the prompt about not being on the approved driver list on installation of the "real" drivers too.
The drivers that come down from MS are usually generic and won't include things like the catalyst control center or Nvidia Control panel.
 
Windows Update drivers are only useful for non power-users or for those people that have the older cards (pre x1x series?) that are no longer supported by CCC.
For newer cards, always get the drivers straight from AMD.:cool:
 
I always do get them straight from the source, but what had me confused was the dates. The Windows Update drivers gave no version info, only the date published, which was later than ATI's 9.9.
 
WU some times does that. It keeps trying to get me to install a NIC driver from 2008, even though I have a September 2009 driver installed. As it was poitned out, just ignore it. Be warned though that it may reappear. They've done that to me before. If it doesn't tell you any information about the driver, it at least should tell you the release date of the driver. You know 9.9 drivers just came out so if it's telling you to install a driver relased in 7-%%-09 then you know it's older.
 
Back
Top