• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

ATI display options?

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
14,959
Is there a similiar setup to Nvidias highperformance to high quality settings? the aa/af settings? anything except ocing the frequencies? I tried rivatuner but it doesn't have any advanced options.
 
so no I guess? I haven't found anything. no complaints except in gulf of oman(bf2 map) the sand is BRIGHT and white and sometimes lighting is blindingly bright when u look into a light bulb. mebbe that's just "realism"
 
Maybe adjust the in-game brightness settings? That's all I can suggest. The image quality doesnt seem to have anything to do with the ATi driver settings, it's probably just some adjustments made in the game.
 
spaceman said:
Is there a similiar setup to Nvidias highperformance to high quality settings? the aa/af settings? anything except ocing the frequencies? I tried rivatuner but it doesn't have any advanced options.

Ummmmmm are you using the catalyst control panel? If so, you might have noticed the big slider.. one side says "performance"... the other "Quality"?
:rolleyes:
 
not using the control panel. the ati one is buggy. is there a recommended modded CP?
 
^lol the Ati one is buggy!
Ive been using the CCC since it was first made and the CP since way back when and Ive never had one problem that I could blame on the Drivers.
 
Any opinions on the modded drivers? I am specifically looking for optimized BF2 tweaks.
 
here's my "bug"

upon restart I get this error

cli.exe application error

failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)

I can't get control center to run period.
 
spaceman said:
here's my "bug"

upon restart I get this error

cli.exe application error

failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)

I can't get control center to run period.
Seems your just having problems running Catalyst Control Centre. Try using just Control Panel, instead of the new fangled whatsydoosie thingo that ATi has gayly decided to ship with their drivers now.
If that doesnt work, try some modded drivers like the NGO, the DHZer0point, or the Omega ones. All available from www.mvktech.net, IIRC.
Also, you could try reinstalling the fat-ass whale-like bloat-ware of Microsofts, dot-fuckin'-NET or whatever it is. Stupid thing. Christ. I hate that frikkin' thing. Just dont get me started on it.
Oh, too late.... :mad:
 
Back
Top