ATI Crossfire May Yet Hit it's Target!!!!! Good stuff

^eMpTy^ said:
The vast majority of reviews for the X1800XL showed it behind the 7800GT in performance and yet costing substantially more, the XL is also much louder, and much hotter than the GT...these points hold true today..and anyone giving honest advice should steer people towards the GT vs the XL where price/performance is concerned...

That might have been true then...but now the GT only hold a slight lead in that area...then factor in the features that the XL has..thus EITHER card is a good choice...I mean if you are really trying to give HONEST advice...

^eMpTy^ said:
The X1800XT is $600...the only one available for $550 is OEM...and OEM don't count...

I am sorry but this is about the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time. OEM prices dont count? BS. Let's take a poll here at HardOCP and see if people would rather by the full retail package..or save a few bucks and get the OEM version... Come on Empty OEM prices count.

Jbirney said:
That might have been true then...but now the GT only hold a slight lead in that area...then factor in the features that the XL has..thus EITHER card is a good choice...I mean if you are really trying to give HONEST advice...

I am sorry but this is about the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time. OEM prices dont count? BS. Let's take a poll here at HardOCP and see if people would rather by the full retail package..or save a few bucks and get the OEM version... Come on Empty OEM prices count.

Ok so perhaps "they don't count" was poor wording...it's more like you shouldn't compare retail pricing with OEM pricing, because you're losing games and other stuff by just getting the OEM bundle...

So when every retail X1800XT out there is $600+ and one card at one retailer is selling at $550 because it's OEM and includes no games or software...I think that card shouldn't be pointed to as representative of the pricing of the card overall...

And I'll agree that both the X1800XL and 7800GT are good cards...I'm still giving the edge to the 7800GT because it is in fact faster in most benchmarks and it does still cost less...and it does have SLI, vs the X1800XL which is still waiting on CrossFire...

But you're right, they are both good cards, I just think the GT is the better choice at this point...

Back