• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI CCC Constantly Refreshing Itself!

Grimspoon

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
433
When I have Catalyst Control Center open it is constantly refreshing / blinking. It's causing a problem because any drop down menu or slider I happen to be manipulating is taken out of my control with each refresh/blink.

It happens every 3 or 4 seconds.

I noticed it with 9.8, and also with the hotfix.

It've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no improvements whatsoever!

if anyone has any idea what's going on, please let me know!

if it helps any, I'm using Windows 7 x64.

Edit: Just so that there's no confusion - it is CCC the application which is blinking, not my monitor. I tried searching for anything similar on Google and of course it's nothing but people complaining their monitors are auto refreshing and blinking! This sin't the case here.
 
I've noticed that to, i've got Win7 64 and 9.8 hotfix, flickers every couple of seconds if you open one of the drop downs and pause for a second it will flicker then disappear:confused:
 
Very annoying isn't it?

It looks like it only happens while viewing the ATI Overdrive section. So if I want to save / adjust profiles, I have to switch away from the ATI Overdrive section (which is where I would ideally like to keep CCC) otherwise it causes every other open window from CCC to flash as well.
 
Yeah it's only in the overdrive bit of it, very bloody annoying....................
 
I just noticed it last night. Its annoying, but as long as nothing is screwing up, I'll live with it. Since the problem wasn't there in the 9.7's, I'm guessing they will fix it sooner rather than later. The 9.8's were released a little early this month with a hotfix version soon after. The last few releases were near the end of the month which was almost a week later compared to this month. I imagine they did it this way so they could get a PR win by releasing them with QuakeCon, and possibly allowing enough time for next month's 9.9 release to include support for the 5XXX series.
 
Back
Top