ATI CCC and Adjusting Picture Size on HDTV

guitarslingerchris

Supreme [H]ardness
I apologize in advance if this is mentioned elsewhere but my searches gleaned no useful results.

Hardware:
ASUS P5Q Pro
Q9450 @ 4.2ghz
4gb DDR2 1066mhz
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

VisionTek HD4870
Dell 2007WFP
Samsung LN46A550
Vista Ultimate x64
ATI 10.1 Drivers

My problem comes from a recent upgrade. My secondary system is currently hooked up to my HDTV as it's second monitor but the picture on the screen is MUCH smaller than the actual LCD even when set to 1920x1080. Right now it's run through a DVI-HDMI adapter and then an HDMI cable to the TV.

I recently upgraded the machine from an ATI 3850 256mb card and it's older ATI drivers. This had the same problem, but in CCC I was able to stretch the picture into the proper size for the TV, in the 10.1 version of CCC I am unable to find where to do this.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, possibly a registry change? It seems like since 9.12 the overscan portion of the ATI CCC has been absent and I'm out of ideas with how to get around it short of going back to 9.11.

Last edited:
Try this, go to desktop & displays, right click on your HDTV, go to configure.
On the top panel, go to the scaling options tab, and adjust it to what suits you (should be 0%).

Try this, go to desktop & displays, right click on your HDTV, go to configure.
On the top panel, go to the scaling options tab, and adjust it to what suits you (should be 0%).

If there was a configure option that would be great. That is specifically the problem actually. There is only properties, no configure and nowhere does it present scaling options.

I had this problem on my 5980 when I first fired it up. As it turned out, the card was set to 15% underscan in CCC for some reason. I flipped it to 0% and let the monitor reset and viola! Problem fixed.

You might also need to run CCC in advanced mode, vs. Basic.

I had this problem on my 5980 when I first fired it up. As it turned out, the card was set to 15% underscan in CCC for some reason. I flipped it to 0% and let the monitor reset and viola! Problem fixed.

You might also need to run CCC in advanced mode, vs. Basic.
Ya, sounds like a goofed up setting somewhere hiding his advanced settings.

Or perhaps only the bare ati driver was installed minus the catalyst control panel.

You need to use the OverScan Option in the CCC, make it go to 100% or was it 50%. Not sure but when I bought my LCD, and had it at 1080P I'd get black bars on all 4 sides till I overscan it. It looks fine, not sure why it does that though. It stopped after I got a new video card.

It looks like he's having trouble finding the overscan options.

I really don't know what to tell you, try reinstalling the newest drivers, that's what I have and its in there.

Or you could try like someone said, go to advanced options.

Back