• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI Catalyst POS? drags on loadup?

frankyk

Gawd
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
891
I have dual monitors and I have a decently fast computer (specs in sig), anyway, whenever I load up ATI Catalyst by double clicking that ATI icon in the system tray, my mouse drags, like it skips, for example my mouse is at the bottom left corner, i move it to the right, and my mouse doesn't 'smoothly' go to the right, it skips a whole block of space and you see it next at the right. Basically, my mouse drags once I start up ATI Catalyst and when I change the screen resolution and stuff, my computer monitors and mouse and stuff goes crazy.

I mean, it works and stuff, but it drags like hell, and I've done the whole remove ATI drivers and stuff and it still does this.

Is it SUPPOSED to be a POS like it is or is it not supposed to do that? If it's not, wtf is wrong?
 
I have a Core 2 Duo E6300, 2GB ram, X1950 Pro and while it takes a while for it to load i get no slowdown

I did with an old system that had a 9800pro, but that system was mediocre at best anyway
 
There's an option in CCC that by default, detects all devices everytime it's started. It is recommended that you disable this so that it only detects all devices when you tell it to. There's a lot of stuff you can cut out of CCC - it's all detailed in the ATI Tweakguide.
 
can ati tray allow me to set my computer to have dual monitors? i thought it was just an oc'ing utliity?
 
can ati tray allow me to set my computer to have dual monitors? i thought it was just an oc'ing utliity?

It's designed to replace and enhance the normal control panel, so it has all the functions of the CCC essentially, and the control panel isn't what enables dual monitors, windows can do that by itself. All you need is the driver and ATT, none of the CCC crap. You should also be using Ultramon for multiple monitors.
 
I have been itching to change from CCC to Ati tray tools for awhile, but last time I tried, it was not so smooth. The OC section was completely disabled so did not even bother to try dual monitor stuff.

Hows the tray tools nowdays? Does everything work ok or should I take something into consideration before trying tray tools? System in sig.
 
It's designed to replace and enhance the normal control panel, so it has all the functions of the CCC essentially, and the control panel isn't what enables dual monitors, windows can do that by itself. All you need is the driver and ATT, none of the CCC crap. You should also be using Ultramon for multiple monitors.

Have they updated Tray Tools for full support of the 1950 series cards? I've had to leave CCC installed for overclocking, as Tray Tools wouldn't support it. However, it has been several months since I last checked for updates.
 
There's an option in CCC that by default, detects all devices everytime it's started. It is recommended that you disable this so that it only detects all devices when you tell it to. There's a lot of stuff you can cut out of CCC - it's all detailed in the ATI Tweakguide.

excellent post, disabled some stuff and it runs nicely now :).

thx!
 
Back
Top