• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI catalyst control panel not working?

McRackin

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
284
I have a fairly new computer, a few months old. I am trying to use my tube TV as a monitor for temp video playing via video-out cable. I got it all connected.

Now to get the image there, I'm trying to get into my catalyst control panel to apply the setting to my tv, but when I open the catalyst cp, it says the operation is not allowed by the security policy. wtf? it doesnt let me use ANY settings inside the catalyst cp? this is too ridiculous to be true i must be missing something obvious, so any help is appreciated. my comp specs are below. and everything is up to date incl. drivers.
 
I don't know Vista very well but this really sounds like a super-strict UAC thing going on.
 
I don't know Vista very well but this really sounds like a super-strict UAC thing going on.

no uac doesn't act like that. it might stop you from accessing a program but it would never prevent you from changing settings from inside a program.

did you try reinstalling the drivers? run driversweeper or cleaner to make sure you get rid of all traces of your current driver. then download the latest one.
 
Back
Top