• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

ATi Catalyst Control Center

Joined
Feb 6, 2006
Messages
813
Everytime I put up windows on my laptop (I am running 32/64-bit Windows 7) a pop-up appears saying that Catalyst Control Center isn't working, and closes it down. I dont really use it, so I was wondering how, if it is possible, to remove the CCC without removing the GPU Drivers.
 
Yes it's possible to have only GPU drivers without CCC and all the other useless stuff that comes in the AMD installation package. I personally recommend to everyone NOT to use CCC unless they have Crossfire cards. CCC does nothing on its own so you dont need it if you are not used to tweak stuff with it.

Simply use the "express uninstall all ATI software" option on your PC, reboot, use DriverSweeper (I think v3.2 is the latest), reboot and run the AMD installer that you downloaded, click on custom and uncheck everything apart from the GPU driver.
 
So I would have to uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them, and make sure i uncheck the extra software (everything but the drivers)...the only problem with that, is last time i tried to remove the drivers form this Laptop I am currently using, it took me forever to find working drivers again. IT uses the ATi Radeon Mobility 4250HD, and there doesn't seem to be much support for it. The first couple of drivers i tried downloading when i did this a few months back, never worked. And it took me forever to find the ones that would, and I can't for the life of me, remember where i got them. I bookmarked it at one point, but my bookmarks got deleted when i let someone use my Laptop. I mostly use my desktop obviously, but when i do use my laptop, ahving that CCC Error pop up everytime i boot up is annoying as hell. So can anyone help me find the right Drivers. I am using a Toshiba Satellite L675D AMD Phenom II N640 Dual Core with the ATi 4250HD - http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/L670/L675D-S7052/
 
Last edited:
even if you do the complete amd uninstall, it doesn't remove the drivers from the system, you might need to install them again through device manager though
 
Back
Top