• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI Catalyst 9.9

A rather small number of bug fixes. Pass.

I guess they are saving the fireworks for next month. Fine with me.
 
Sweet.

I'll be doing a clean install later on today. :)
 
Installed, I'm not playing any of the games supposedly enhanced though. Nothing broke with Oblivion, all's well. :D
 
ok I Fell for the Cat 9.9 Lure .............Has a slight metalic taste but still good, Real good .


"Now I told you son, We dont do that here this is Force majeure".
 
Installed, I'm not playing any of the games supposedly enhanced though. Nothing broke with Oblivion, all's well. :D

Good to know since Oblivion is my latest Obsession. Going to install the 9.9 drivers since I'm still using the 9.7's.
 
A rather small number of bug fixes. Pass.

I guess they are saving the fireworks for next month. Fine with me.

Installed, I'm not playing any of the games supposedly enhanced though. Nothing broke with Oblivion, all's well. :D

You need to keep in mind that they don't list all the fixes that have made it into the drivers. For instance the RE5 Benchmark bugs have been fixed but that's not mentioned anywhere. They also never talk about what Crossfire profiles have been added...

To me seeing stuff like "Various bug fixes" in Nvidia's release information is just as annoying as AMD not saying anything like that.
 
why the fuck has the sideport not been enabled on the 4870x2's? It was such a feature to be touted and it's never been released.
 
The 9.9's work for me! I had a weird problem with the 9.8's, after installing them for my Asus 4870 DK Top, the monitor would randomly loose signal and go into power saving mode. I think the computer locked up (seemed to be unresponsive, if in a game the sound would quit), I had to hard reset, I tried everything.

Finally went back to my previous drivers, the 9.6's and all was fine again. When i could game for awhile before it crapped out, the 9.8's seemed like a nice improvement here and there over the 9.6's. I tried the 9.9's yesterday and they seem to be great, no problems. I was getting worried that all the new drivers would make it choke. So having the 9.9's work fine is quite a relief. Weird shit huh?...
 
This driver resolved some issues I was having with 9.7 (I think...). :)
 
I've found a bug. When I run Furmark in windows mode there is no image.

Full screen works. :confused:
 
Last edited:
anyone else having weird windows media player freeze ups after installing 9.9 ? it all works in other players but suddenly media player freeze shortly after starting up
 
The 9.9's work for me! I had a weird problem with the 9.8's, after installing them for my Asus 4870 DK Top, the monitor would randomly loose signal and go into power saving mode. I think the computer locked up (seemed to be unresponsive, if in a game the sound would quit), I had to hard reset, I tried everything.

Finally went back to my previous drivers, the 9.6's and all was fine again. When i could game for awhile before it crapped out, the 9.8's seemed like a nice improvement here and there over the 9.6's. I tried the 9.9's yesterday and they seem to be great, no problems. I was getting worried that all the new drivers would make it choke. So having the 9.9's work fine is quite a relief. Weird shit huh?...


You and I had the exact same problem, I have 2x Asus 4870x2 trifan and every once in a while when gaming the monitor would freeze or lose video signal, I'd have to hard reset to get it to work. Glad it wasn't just me, haven't had the problem yet.
 
You need to keep in mind that they don't list all the fixes that have made it into the drivers. For instance the RE5 Benchmark bugs have been fixed but that's not mentioned anywhere.

I know. I'm installing Windows 7 in about two weeks. These drivers dont offer enough to risk breaking my current install. (Not saying its likely but nothing is broken now...) :cool:
 
You and I had the exact same problem, I have 2x Asus 4870x2 trifan and every once in a while when gaming the monitor would freeze or lose video signal, I'd have to hard reset to get it to work. Glad it wasn't just me, haven't had the problem yet.

Well it did it once again. After a couple all night gaming sessions that didn't have a single issue, tonight I felt like some World of Goo and after about ten minutes or so, the monitor goes off, but this time the game sounded like it was still running fine. Hopefully just a fluke. Fucking pisses me off, its been running so damn good since the 9.9 install. Hope this shit doesn't continue.
 
why the fuck has the sideport not been enabled on the 4870x2's? It was such a feature to be touted and it's never been released.

Because it never worked right to start with, the 4870x2 may be a technical marvel but it is also a complete abomination. Every driver revision fixes 1 bug and makes 2 more, power play still doesn't work properly in 9.9 and now AA doesn't work in FO3 for me but with the fps limiter turned off I now get 160's fps in WoW to my previous 130's...
 
Generally running great. Like these drivers. Had one issue though, and took me a while to figure it out.

Came out of Crysis and it black-screened, had to cycle power. When I did, the crossfire option was missing from Catalyst panel. Big issue for me since I use crossfire for gaming but need to toggle it off to run multimonitors.

The problem was somehow the second card had been disabled in device manager, just toggled it back on and crossfire tab came back.

(I say just, this idiot was using driver cleaner and trying other 9.x driver packages first)

These are Asus cards Im using under Vista 64, with the Asus smart doctor software for voltage overclocks. This time around Ive taken off the smart doctor, to see if the system is stable without it. Might be a clash between Cat 9.9 and Smart doctor under Vistax64
 
Ever since a Gainward utility made my Geforce 3 unstable I've shied away from brand specific software and stuck with the official drivers and mod tools (They have better support lol)
 
Because it never worked right to start with, the 4870x2 may be a technical marvel but it is also a complete abomination. Every driver revision fixes 1 bug and makes 2 more, power play still doesn't work properly in 9.9 and now AA doesn't work in FO3 for me but with the fps limiter turned off I now get 160's fps in WoW to my previous 130's...

Powerplay works fine for me. It has been fixed a while back.
 
Powerplay works fine for me. It has been fixed a while back.

Yea and I don't know wtf he's talking about FO3 not having AA, mine has 16x Multi sample AA, and you know it's there cause at high res those edges would cut your eyes like sharp blades. Yea Powerplay was fixed a while ago and it's still kicking here.
 
For those of you having problems with your W7 ATI drivers try doing a real clean uninstall and clean install.


9.9 drivers work great for me. The only bug I have found is that 9.9 refuses to run the latest Furmark. I'm sure the Furmark programmers will fix it soon though. :)
 
Back
Top