ATI Catalyst 9.10 Released

Re: Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery, that texture bug was fixed by the game's 1.1 patch.

Finally got catalyst control center fixed. Alright, not a bad performance improvement on the 5850. Use to get about a 109fps average in 1920x1080 8xAA, max settings. Now with those same settings, I am looking at 114 average fps.

My clocks on the 5850 however are at 950/1250 now.

re558501080p.jpg

Not really, not in all games.Also to notice big difference we need working Ati tray tool to set the LOD to -2 to avoid blurry textures.

E.G

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...irst-DirectX-11-graphics-card/Reviews/?page=6

This is example why you dont see big difference click on the pictures,to compare what negative LOD achieve :cool: SS/AA by default makes the textures blurry.

that is a HOLY S**T there...

I never expect SSAA to make something like that....

that is a extreme IQ increase.... :eek:

Yes ! thats why i was so excited about it and was wondering why you ain't? knowing you play Crysis alot. Heres the answer, you didn't saw what SS/AA can do,especially on textures and foilage! which is awful in Crysis Warhead.

has anyone tried to run NFS: Shift with these drivers? Does it still stutter at 1280+ resolutions?

Can someone take a screenshot showing the versions of the D3D and Opengel drivers from these?

Not really, not in all games.Also to notice big difference we need working Ati tray tool to set the LOD to -2 to avoid blurry textures.

E.G

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...irst-DirectX-11-graphics-card/Reviews/?page=6

This is example why you dont see big difference click on the pictures,to compare what negative LOD achieve :cool: SS/AA by default makes the textures blurry.

Oh come on, I've got to call BS on that. No possible way do they have 16xAF enabled in that second shot.

Hasn't Super Sample Anti Aliasing been around for quite a while? On the nVidia cards at least?

I'm not trolling I'm just interested. Is there something different about this implementation?

Seems the 5770 is not supported in the 9.10s. :(

The release from 10/13 installs fine, but running the 9.10 installer doesn't even present an option to install a display driver.

Yeah! Where be the 9.10 updates for 5700 series?

Installed the 9.10's on my CrossfireX 5870's using Windows 7 64bit. So far so good! Everything looks great and performs well with sig rig.

My second display still flickers like crazy if I overclock the 5870 past 850/1300 with the 9.10 drivers. It down clocks to 157/300 then jumps around like crazy between 400/1200, 600/900, 900/1300....nice driver release ATI.....

I had similar issues. You need to overvolt to fix the flicker. MSI Afterburner is the program I use for voltage. Strangely enough it won't change clock speeds but it's golden for voltage changes and fan control.

I'm waiting for when CF works with EF. Then, hopefully, 5850s are more available, because I'll be definitely doing 5850 CF... :D

Hasn't Super Sample Anti Aliasing been around for quite a while? On the nVidia cards at least?

I'm not trolling I'm just interested. Is there something different about this implementation?

Here's my understanding of it. Nvidia cards can enable Ordered Grid Supersampling via 3rd party tools (not in the official driver control panel). Basically Ordered grid SS is kinda crappy from an image quality standpoint, I don't remember the 3dfx slides on it but it's the same reason no one uses ordered grid multisample in modern cards. The 5xxx series cards do rotated grid supersampling, and at 8x it does sparse grid supersample which if they get it working 100% and fix the LOD thing is like the holy grail of AA.

Oh come on, I've got to call BS on that. No possible way do they have 16xAF enabled in that second shot.

Thats the way SS/AA works whitout setting the negative LOD to -2 which is why i can't wait for supported version of Ati tray tool! for 5870s dunno how they got it working tbh.

Installed the 9.10's on my CrossfireX 5870's using Windows 7 64bit. So far so good! Everything looks great and performs well with sig rig.

Is ULPS enabled on these drivers and were you able to disable it via registry?

I'm running Vista 32 and I have flickering. Also the driver date is 9-23-2009, which is kinda old, but whatever. Anybody know how to correct the flickering issues? I noticed on the desktop it is smoother using aero.

I'm i updating the drivers correctly?

I am on Version 9.10 and Driver version 8.661.0.0

So ive been reading the 9.11 Beta4 is better then the 9.10 official..... whats the verdict?

I'm running Vista 32 and I have flickering. Also the driver date is 9-23-2009, which is kinda old, but whatever. Anybody know how to correct the flickering issues? I noticed on the desktop it is smoother using aero.

I'm i updating the drivers correctly?

I am on Version 9.10 and Driver version 8.661.0.0

Are you overclocking and do you have an additional display connected?

If so, that is normal.

Damn driver issues.... :mad:

has anyone tried to run NFS: Shift with these drivers? Does it still stutter at 1280+ resolutions?

I'd be interested in hearing about this as well, though I suppose I could just install the driver and try myself.

I had similar issues. You need to overvolt to fix the flicker. MSI Afterburner is the program I use for voltage. Strangely enough it won't change clock speeds but it's golden for voltage changes and fan control.

I've raised the voltage to the card in Afterburner, doesn't fix anything for me.

It seems that overclocking with the AMD GPU Tool fixes this issue of flickering on the secondary monitor.

Last edited:
Can someone link me to the 9.11 betas? Upgrading from the 2nd set of RC drivers to the 9.10 officials causes a weird "slow motion" effect during the logon/logoff transition screen for me in 7x64, as well as some graphical anomalies when coming out of S3 sleep, but going back to the older driver didn't fix it, even after a clean uninstall of 9.10.

For anyone experiencing the second monitor flicker-- I disabled overdrive in CCC and it went away. Guess I'll wait to overclock this one. I was barely overclocking, too. Sigh.

Whenever I install new ATI drivers in Windows 7, it screws up my Games Explorer icons. About 1/2 of my icons revert back to the default "white file" icon. They tend to fix themselves over time, but this has happened every time I install a new ATI driver.

Secondary display doesn't flicker if you leave it at the stock clock speeds, but as soon as you go past 850/1200 (5870) it will drop the core/mem speeds down to 157/300 and when you run a game or watch a full screen video it will ramp between your overclocked settings (900/1300) and 157/300. Disabling Overdrive and using the AMD GPU Tool to perform the overclock fixes this issue by preventing the card from down clocking itself to a lower speed.

ATI needs to fix this issue! I would prefer to have my card down clock to the normal low usage speeds (400/1200) like it does when i'm at default clock speeds, when i'm in overclocked mode.

just tried going to the ati site to download the drivers and got this:

HTTP/1.1 404
Connection: close
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 18:27:25 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices: 12.0.0.6341
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

are you guys having problems with the 5000 series or is this with 4800's too ?
i got a 4890

moving from Vista 64 Business to Win 7 64 Professional, fps in Crysis Warhead decrease about 3fps on average.... not a good sign for OS changing :(

I have a CCC profile with my own defined idle/3D clocks to circumvent the flickering issues. It works fine, but CCC and MSI Afterburner (which i need to use to overvolt and for a fan profile) seem to like to fight with each other for control. I have to activate the CCC profile everytime I reboot, and it takes at least 3 attempts activating the CCC profile before all the settings stick.

that is a HOLY S**T there...

I never expect SSAA to make something like that....

that is a extreme IQ increase.... :eek:

E.G

I don't really understand this although I do see a big difference in the picture comparison. What does this mean? Would I have to set the LOD to -2 on my card? Or is it only for the new 5xxx series?

Still not liking these drivers as far as my desktop usage in Windows 7.
Shortcut icons are still disappearing randomly or resetting to to the default white file icon.
I just did a clean install of Win 7 and it's still happening. Previous driver revisions didn't do that.
I'm going back to the older ones, performance loss or not.
I'm missing my Nvidia drivers already. I'd rather have game bugs than day-to-day desktop ones.

Still not liking these drivers as far as my desktop usage in Windows 7.
Shortcut icons are still disappearing randomly or resetting to to the default white file icon.
I just did a clean install of Win 7 and it's still happening. Previous driver revisions didn't do that.
I'm going back to the older ones, performance loss or not.
I'm missing my Nvidia drivers already. I'd rather have game bugs than day-to-day desktop ones.
Same thing happened to me too. But it happened before I installed my 5850 and the ati drivers. Just delete the Icon Cache file in windows sys folder. THen restart, this should rebuild your icon cache.

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/how-to-rebuild-the-icon-cache-in-windows-vista/

Last edited:
Back