ATI Catalyst 9.10 Released

HondaGuy

n00b
Source:http://blogs.amd.com/play/2009/10/22/ati-catalyst™-9-10-driver-–-what’s-new/

New Features: Official ATI Catalyst WHQL release supporting ATI Radeon HD 5800 series GPUs

ATI Catalyst 9.10 now includes full GPU support for the award winning ATI HD Radeon 5800 series GPUS!
Super Sample Anti-Aliasing for the ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

ATI Catalyst 9.10 provides support for a new Anti-Aliasing method on the ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series. Users can now experience the high level of anti-aliasing image quality using Super Sampling anti-aliasing while maintaining good performance levels.
Highlights of the ATI Catalyst™ 9.10 release for Linux includes:
New Features
Support for new Linux operating systems

This release of ATI Catalyst driver for Linux introduces support for the following new operating systems:
Ubuntu 9.10 early look support

Highlights of resolved issues

Ghostbusters video game no longer flickers between desktop and game play when anti-aliasing is set to 8X and game resolution set to 2560×1600
Enabling Screen Space Ambient Occlusion option in “Riddick 2 Dark Athena” no longer causes the game to fail under Multi-GPU configurations
Severe flickering no longer observed while running 3D games/samples on specific HDMI displays with configurations using ATI CrossFireX™ technology in tri and quad modes
Desktop flashing no longer observed after driver installation and reboot with systems configured with Radeon ASIC in the primary PCIe slot and ATI Fire Stream™ ASIC in the secondary PCIe slot
“Combat Mission Shock Force” no longer fails after a duration of game play
Underscan/Overscan settings for TV can now be applied from the ATI Catalyst ControlCenter – TV Properties Adjustments page
Changes to the “All Settings” and “Basic Quality” pages in ATI Catalyst Control Center -Avivo™ Video will now be retained after reboot

TI Catalyst 9.10 provides support for a new Anti-Aliasing method on the ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series. Users can now experience the high level of anti-aliasing image quality using Super Sampling anti-aliasing while maintaining good performance levels.

FUCKING GREAT! :cool:

I think when i polish off my new i7 920, and 5870 system, I want to run some SS comparisons with older dx 8/9 games with SSAA 8x.

Probably even test some very old junk games too, simply because.

About damn time. Too bad I won't be able to do any extensive testing till the weekend, after i install my retail copy of Windows 7. Can't wait to see if the Windows 7/SSD match is really it's all hyped up to be.

I think when i polish off my new i7 920, and 5870 system, I want to run some SS comparisons with older dx 8/9 games with SSAA 8x.

Probably even test some very old junk games too, simply because.

Supersampling AA has been working on the 9.10 Betas since the 5870 released. I recently installed my old copy of Call of Duty 2, at 1920X1200 with 8XSS, and I have to say, it wasn't a big difference compared to regular 8x adaptive AA. But, there is definitely a bigger performance hit. My frame rates would plummet to the 30's when there were a lot of particle effects, like explosions and smoke.

I just went to Amd Ati for the new drivers and it still shows update 10/13/2009.

I'm on 7 x64 bit. Where are they?

Supersampling AA has been working on the 9.10 Betas since the 5870 released. I recently installed my old copy of Call of Duty 2, at 1920X1200 with 8XSS, and I have to say, it wasn't a big difference compared to regular 8x adaptive AA. But, there is definitely a bigger performance hit. My frame rates would plummet to the 30's when there were a lot of particle effects, like explosions and smoke.

I am thinking of playing with it in older games, just to see what it looks like, like some of the earlier dx9 games, and dx8 games. Maybe even see what it does to morrowwind.

Not really, not in all games.

Hmm, at least it's worked in the 3 games I've tested, which have all been CoD(2,4,5). I'm curious to see if GTA4 at 2XSS improves image quality noticeably without too much of a performance hit. Should work fine since it's so CPU dependent. Add another scenario to my ever growing test list...

I edited the post SickClown, you can chek what i'm talking about thats why we need ATT.

They have NOT been released yet. And now the blog discussing it has bombed out..

Sad

Yep i can't post about the ULPS mode it turns off my 2nd card even after i disabled it via registry :(

I edited the post SickClown, you can chek what i'm talking about thats why we need ATT.

Yep i can't post about the ULPS mode it turns off my 2nd card even after i disabled it via registry :(

I really hope Ray Adams is still working on this program. It's hard to get used to not having it. But one thing that I would really want from him is to remove all the legacy options that no longer work with the newer cards. I've had to re-install that program a few times from going to the advance options and messing with the wrong options.
As far as the problem with blurry texture under SS, hopefully AMD has been tweaking it since they wrote the beta drivers. It would really benefit everyone if they got everything working properly without making use have to resort to a third-party program.

Usually I just overwrite the previous driver with the new one, anyone want to walk me through how I SHOULD be doing it? I'd like to make sure I'm getting maximum performance with my new card.

My second display still flickers like crazy if I overclock the 5870 past 850/1300 with the 9.10 drivers. It down clocks to 157/300 then jumps around like crazy between 400/1200, 600/900, 900/1300....nice driver release ATI.....

My second display still flickers like crazy if I overclock the 5870 past 850/1300 with the 9.10 drivers. It down clocks to 157/300 then jumps around like crazy between 400/1200, 600/900, 900/1300....nice driver release ATI.....

That a driver issue? Or did you get a lemon?

Downloading these now.

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm not using the 9.10s though, and my overclock isn't very high at all. The flickering seems to happen when windows are resized or when scrolling.

Seems the 5770 is not supported in the 9.10s. :(

The release from 10/13 installs fine, but running the 9.10 installer doesn't even present an option to install a display driver.

So this is a widespread problem? My 5850 does this if I set the clocks manually at all. I get large amounts of flickering on the display connected to the second DVI port even if I manually set the clocks at stock or lower. I cannot use overdrive at all. :(

Also, they still haven't fixed Anno 1404 / Dawn of Discovery.

Does anyone have performance drops/fps in Crysis together with "laggy"feeling? usually when someone shooting at you (from long range) the game becoming hard to play? it does not appear when you shoot FWIW.

happend with 9.11 beta still havent try 9.10 I'm at work :(

Last edited:
Tried the full vista 64 catalyst drivers and the catalyst control center doesn't install, but the display driver does.

So this is a widespread problem? My 5850 does this if I set the clocks manually at all. I get large amounts of flickering on the display connected to the second DVI port even if I manually set the clocks at stock or lower. I cannot use overdrive at all. :(

Also, they still haven't fixed Anno 1404 / Dawn of Discovery.

I could of sworn that was fixed in 9.9. :confused:

I could of sworn that was fixed in 9.9. :confused:

Definitely not. On my 4890 in 9.9 it still had the black terrain problem, and now on my 5850 with whatever beta drivers it used the problem is still there. I have not installed the 9.10s yet, I'm hoping that they fix it. It is hard to force the game to go DX9 because Windows 7 doesn't wan't to give me access to my Application Settings directory.

Finally official drivers for my 5850. Now all I need is a TRIM-enabled firmware update and TRIM-enabled drivers for my X25 and my system will be entirely non-beta/non-RC for the first time since the 7 RC was releaseed :p

Very disappointing that I can't overclock my card even to the levels they allow in Overdrive without my second display spazzing out.......there was one set of drivers that fixed this but I have since forgotten which ones.

Definitely not. On my 4890 in 9.9 it still had the black terrain problem, and now on my 5850 with whatever beta drivers it used the problem is still there. I have not installed the 9.10s yet, I'm hoping that they fix it. It is hard to force the game to go DX9 because Windows 7 doesn't wan't to give me access to my Application Settings directory.

Take Ownership of it. Just don't try to run that on your Windows directory or anything silly- stuff will break in a hurry (yeah, one of my co-workers did that :D)

Take Ownership of it. Just don't try to run that on your Windows directory or anything silly- stuff will break in a hurry (yeah, one of my co-workers did that :D)

Thank you for this. I'll try it when I get home. I like Windows' new, modern security that happened with Vista, I just wish that there was an easy way to always get superuser access like in Linux for when you want to force things.

I just found out today that the shortcut to launch things as administrator is ctrl-shift-enter.

I'm hearing that the huge mouse cursor bug isn't fixed :( I'll have to wait until i get home to test it.

So guys anyone has performance/scaling for crossfire 5870 reports? I'm at work can't test :(

Hi brent a bit offtopic, but i would ask do you guys plain to make an SS/AA tests in games with 5870s?
Would love to see what games support it & performance/IQ thanks!

Back