Ati catalyst 8.12 beta

has anyone with 4850's crossfire played russian roulette with these drivers yet?

Dont wanna get the BSOD again like I received on the 8.10 Hotfix #2

Driver finally fixed the idle clocking issues on the 4870x2 at boot. Nice that I don't have to run and exit a 3d app for the correct idle clocks to engage. That fix alone warrants installing this driver if you have an x2.

I tried these out, 1 monitor (1900) and was having some problems with crashing. Went back to 8.11's for now.

These drivers fixed my L4D problems. No more stuck at idle clocks / single GPU mode. The bad news is that although Crysis: Warhead runs a little faster, I get flickering textures/lighting now. L4D is much more important to me that warhead so I'm sticking with these for now.

Warhead I runs a lot better, especially on the stuttering problem...

Anyone test the Farcry 2 performance? The notes said 4-10% with AA, sounds pretty sweet if true.

Computerbase (DE) has a review.
You don't have to know German to read numbers

And yes, it has Far Cry 2.

I was hopping for better than this, at its current state it's a disappointment. Little or no gains. This doesn't bode well...

Strange, the benchmark showed better improvement with no AA...yet ATI claims it improved AA performance....

Was hoping for more gains myself, though I don't really need it for my current games.

It seems from forums that it has fixed a lot of issues and thats good. Wasn't impressed with the encoder, but its a start and its free.

Only a few days left and much can happen then. :)

This beta fixed my issue with Left 4 Dead where my fps would go from 60 constant to about 35 after every new map. Checking my rivatuner graph, my gpu activity would be capped at about 60% every time a new map loaded, and I would have to alt+tab to reset the game engine.

Now I'm cruising at 60fps constant on every map.

This thread stimulates two questions for me.

When running a single monitor does it matter which one of the
two DVI's you use?

Does the low fan speed setting lock, limit, or over ride any OC'ing
when water cooled on the 4870x2?

For some reason Far Cry 2 plays very well at 1920x1200 4xaa / all very high settings in DX9
mode on the 4870x2. Once you switch to dx10 though, it just isn't as smooth. I'm on
water with this thing and got it stable at 800mhz gpu clocks and 1980mhz memory clocks.

Hey Folks,

Been having similar issues to some of you in this thread...I run dual monitors 1900 on main, 1024 on secondary. Have Aero turned on and get random BSODs with "driver stuck in an infinate loop" will try and de-activate Aero for kicks. I am also having another problem that has been mentioned on many forums and was wondering if the [H] crowd had heard of any fixes...

WoW crashes hard on my Sapphire 4870 1GB. Sometimes it happens after a few seconds, sometimes it can take 10 minutes but it always crashes.

I'm running an older platform: Athlon XP 4400+, NF4 mobo 2GB DDR333 on a fresh Vista 32bit install. I thought it power at first so I went out and bought an OCZ EliteXtream 1k PSU (thanks for the great [H] review :))...both power connectors are plugged in :)...didn't help...

I've tried using driversweeper, Rivatuner to force core clock to 750mhz and fan to 50%, disableing Catalyst A.I., running only drivers (no CCC), disconnecting one monitor...nothing works...WoW keeps crashing...

This system was dead stable with my old 8800GTS 768MB...

Funny thing is that Dead Space runs fine on the new ATI...

Has anybody else had this issue? From what I've read, it stems from a problem with Powerplay...

Thanks for any help you can provide !

I currently have a Sapphire 4870x2 and I tried installing these driver's 3 times now and gave up ....went back to the 8.11. When I install these drivers it no longer recognizes my 4870x2 as 2 cores it only shows it as a single card, anyone else has this problem? guess I will wait for the full release.

Hey Folks,

Been having similar issues to some of you in this thread...I run dual monitors 1900 on main, 1024 on secondary. Have Aero turned on and get random BSODs with "driver stuck in an infinate loop" will try and de-activate Aero for kicks. I am also having another problem that has been mentioned on many forums and was wondering if the [H] crowd had heard of any fixes...

WoW crashes hard on my Sapphire 4870 1GB. Sometimes it happens after a few seconds, sometimes it can take 10 minutes but it always crashes.

I'm running an older platform: Athlon XP 4400+, NF4 mobo 2GB DDR333 on a fresh Vista 32bit install. I thought it power at first so I went out and bought an OCZ EliteXtream 1k PSU (thanks for the great [H] review :))...both power connectors are plugged in :)...didn't help...

I've tried using driversweeper, Rivatuner to force core clock to 750mhz and fan to 50%, disableing Catalyst A.I., running only drivers (no CCC), disconnecting one monitor...nothing works...WoW keeps crashing...

This system was dead stable with my old 8800GTS 768MB...

Funny thing is that Dead Space runs fine on the new ATI...

Has anybody else had this issue? From what I've read, it stems from a problem with Powerplay...

Thanks for any help you can provide !

If you didn't do a clean install of windows going from that 8800 to the 4870, do it. I had LOTS of problems at first going from a 8800gtx to my 4870, once I did a clean install though I was fine. Just a suggestion :D

Yep, that would be a good thread title.

Vista 32 used as HTPC
8.12 Drivers on HD3470 card
1920x1080 50Hz on primary monitor, 800x600 on secondary

Driver crash as soon as power save tries to turn monitor off (i.e. unattended recording) and of this there is about 75% chance of BSOD due to driver failing to recover.

Back to 8.11 for me as 0 problems with it.

If you didn't do a clean install of windows going from that 8800 to the 4870, do it. I had LOTS of problems at first going from a 8800gtx to my 4870, once I did a clean install though I was fine. Just a suggestion :D

Heh, I did mention a clean install in my post :D tearing out my hair atm, looks like an RMA...does it on 8.11 and 8.12...also crashes Outlook with a "stuck in an infinitle loop" BSOD :eek:

Back